ADVERTISEMENT

I feel like I'm hearing too much Play-Off talk...

Once and Future King

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2019
I mean, obviously it's fun to discuss and debate, and I'm f'ing thrilled that LSU is doing so well and ahead of schedule to boot... but all of this CFB Play-Off discussion presupposes two pretty important wins we don't even have yet.

As much as we (myself in particular) enjoys laughing at A&M's misfortune, they are still a talented team. They're playing us at home in what will be their senior day and they're not bowl eligible so it'll be their bowl game as well. Nothing would help salvage the season more than to go out on a win against a hated rival so you can bet Fisher and company will throw everything and the kitchen sink at us. I think we win, but I damn sure don't want those kids mind on the SECCG much less the CFB Play-Offs when they head over there.

And then there's Georgia. Undefeated #1 defending national champion Georgia who just defeated the undefeated team that beat us 40 to 13. We might have a puncher's chance in that game - might - but I wouldn't put money on it no matter what the spread is.

I not saying we shouldn't be excited or ponder the possibilities... it's just that around town, online, on the radio - all I'm hearing is play-off talk. I don't think that's where our head should be right now. The last thing I want to do is diminish this team's tremendous accomplishments this year by immediately laying a ridiculous expectation on them and setting a new, almost impossible bar for a successful season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News