ADVERTISEMENT

Just say no to ELLLLLLLLLLLLOS Johnson....

I don't think you will have to worry about EJ. I think Spurrier has already got something in the works bringing him back as some sort of Coach (LB) and advisor. Definitely not my choice as a Gamecock fan! I would have loved to clean house and pay Chief the Money!

Being happy is a Big asset, but sometimes behind the scene is not very pleasant. Some contracts are better than others. Money talks and BS walks! Like i said I wish the Gamecocks would have come off the money before he went further West!

Given the lack of talent on th defensive side of the ball...he'll be available in 2 years. Then someone else can celebrate 3rd and Chavis. Bottom line..with talent, his defenses are good..but that is likely the case with anyone. With the offense Sumlin runs..expect Chavis defenses to get worn out early out West.

Chavis pursued job at South Carolina
8 hours ago
Texas A&M defensive coordinator Nola.com, citing sources.

The report stated that Chavis wanted to be the Gamecocks defensive coordinator.

In November, sources told TheBigSpur.com that Chavis, who
departed LSU for the Aggies last week, had "reached out" to South
Carolina and head coach Steve Spurrier concerning a potential opening on the Gamecocks staff.

Thus far this offseason, no coaches have departed the South Carolina coaching staff.

Chavis is going to be paid $1.67 million annually at Texas A&M. He has a three-year contract.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT