ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Postgame with Brian Kelly

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
-- Brian Kelly opens the press conference by giving credit to his team's mental toughness: "I am most proud of the mental toughness this group has shown."

-- Kelly says may have been Jayden Daniels’ best game. “I don’t know that we were lacking confidence at all. We wanted to bounce back from what we thought was offensively less than our best game. And Arkansas had something to do that, but we had something to do with that.”

-- Kelly says Kayshon Boutte wanted to play, but had been out sick with the flu since Wednesday.

-- Josh Williams probably could’ve pushed knee and been ready, but they felt it was smarter to be safe and have him ready for Texas A&M next week.

-- The biggest difference for Noah Cain for a big night tonight was just the opportunity, Kelly said. A slow month and a half for the Louisiana native more about a crowded backfield than anything else, the coach said.

-- Kelly on the LSU seniors recognized tonight before the game. “They jumped in and gave me the opportunity to build this program with the right standards, so we didn’t have to cut corners or take three steps back. We were able to take steps forward every day.”

-- Kelly confirms that ESPN broadcast report that Armoni Goodwin will be out the rest of the season. Adds that Charles Turner is really beat up and they'll have to see how he responds but joked that he expects Turner to bounce back well Monday after seeing how well Marlon Martinez played tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News