Tuesday afternoon quick notes

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
A few notes to pass along...

-- Spoke to someone on the Ole Miss side today and it nearly sounds like a done deal for Walker Howard to join the Rebels. Will certainly be something to watch as their QB situation unfolds and who will start this fall for them.

-- Other than Howard, the only former Tigers still in the portal that haven't found a new spot yet is two guys I think many thought would still be around: edge rushers Zavier Carter and Desmond Little.

-- Wednesday is the final day of the transfer portal window until it opens for 15 days in May. IF a player doesn't have his name in by tomorrow then he must wait until May.

-- As far as LSU and the portal, the Tigers are still searching to add a linebacker. As it stands, they will go into spring with Harold Perkins, West Weeks, Greg Penn III and Whit Weeks. Christian Brathwaite will arrive in the summer. It's still unclear if they'll find someone in the portal in the next few days. Classes started today and the final day to add classes for spring semester is Jan. 26. If they don't add a linebacker before then, look for linebacker to be an area in May they definitely target. I am watching a few names in the portal...

-- And as far as high school recruits, I guess it's always possible for a new name or two to pop but the ones I know of right now are Nyckoles Harbor and Jamel Howard, the DT LSU offered in early December. Harbor sounds unlikely though in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News