ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Where does LSU stand with 5-star tackle Julian Armella?

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
Just wanted to drop this info before I posted a story I have coming on Julian Armella.

When Jimmy and I posted our May projections we had the five-star tackle in the class, but didn't include him in our June projections because things had gone kind of quiet plus the coaching change of Brad Davis, who Armella didn't previously know.

However, on Friday, Julian's dad, Enzo Armella, was in New Orleans and rented a vehicle to drive up to Baton Rouge to meet with Ed Orgeron and Brad Davis. Enzo has known Ed for more than 30 years and have a great relationship. He was unable to meet with Davis during the official in early June because the hire wasn't official then. It sounds like the visit went well and Enzo wanted to do his due diligence on the new coach. Julian was not with his dad during Friday's visit.

LSU is still very much in play here for Armella and I think I can speak for Jimmy here too when I say that if we were to re-do our June projections then Julian would be included. More coming shortly in the story.

Updated: Also wanted to mention that another tie LSU has with Enzo is Jack Marucci, who was an assistant athletic trainer at Florida State when Enzo was a Seminole.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News