ADVERTISEMENT

2016 recruiting by the numbers

cottonport

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2003
With the state of La expected to be bountiful in 2016 and a heavy emphasis on LBs I thought it would be interesting to try to project the positions by the numbers. We expect to sign a full class of 25.

2 QB . With Franks already committed I feel that they must persue a 2nd prospect . Lots of things could prevent Franks from ever seeing the campus.

2 RB . White is the prime target but there's talk from his camp of him playing LB . Is so then a 2nd RB is needed

4. OL Alexander , Austin and Hawkins will leave . That leaves 11 scholarship OL . Hoping Pocic stays for his Sr. year. 4 signees keeps the total at 15

1 TE this is getting very crowded. After 2015 we'll have 5 on scholarship with a commitment for 2016. I'm not counting Mouton as a TE .

2 WR another position crowded with youth . Dural is probably a goner but maybe not. Expect 1-2 underclassmen who are getting no PT to transfer as
well. That leaves 8 on scholarship. 2 commits for 2016 already on board ( 1 shaky).
___
11 on offense

3 DT. They won't have to venture far from La to fill the DT needs. This as a group in the deepest DT class ever in La. If one of those DTs can project as
a combo DT/ DE then they take a 4th . There are currently 7 DTs on ship. Thomas will finish his career and I anticipate at least 1 underclassmen
to transfer. 3-4 2016 additions will set the position for the future.

3. DE not a great year for DE in La. But with Coach O and Steele out of state will provide the needed DEs . Taking only 1 in 2015 put pressure to
produce in 2016. After 2015 we'll have 6 on scholarship . Expect 1 transfer after 2015. That will bring the total to 9 .

4 LB this isn't a great year for LB in state so the net is already being cast far and wide. I don't expect any more than 4 with 3 a possibility.

2. CB Cory Raymond et al killed it at CB in 2015 . I expect the staff to be very selective at CB in 2016. Only a really top CB or 2 will be taken.

2 S If Cutrer stays at CB we'll have only 3 Safeties on scholarship after 2015. This a position that meeds numbers . 2 minimum.
_____
14 on defense

1 kicker. The staff will take a long look at Gamble in 2015 . If he's not the future FG kicker then a top FG kicker will be needed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News