ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING A few recruiting notes to pass along after Junior Day

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
Here's some early responses from players about the weekend and obviously we'll get more reactions as we go along. A lot of the guys are heading back home today. LSU hosted plenty out-of-state kids, but also had key Louisiana prospects in town too like: WR commitment Omarion Miller, CB Curley Reed, LB Jaiden Ausberry, CB Ryan Robinson, RB Arnold Barnes, RB Trey Holly, safety Cam Hill, ATH Khai Prean.

Joenel Aguero came in a week earlier than expected which shows his seriousness for the program and coaches. The four-star DB said he loved it in Baton Rouge. I would be surprised if he doesn't return later this year for an official.

Will Norman stayed an extra day at Florida State and didn't make it to LSU yesterday as originally planned. He's still a big target for Jamar Cain, so we could see that visit rescheduled this spring.

Four-star CB Ryan Yaites, who named a top four recently, came in earlier than expected too. When I last spoke to Yaites his plan was to attend LSU's spring game in April but he, his mom and a friend showed up in Baton Rouge yesterday. LSU is definitely "around the top" of his final list following the visit. He has plans to visit Michigan State in April.

Yaites on the visit: "It was fun. (I) got to meet the new staff, had crawfish, it was fun!"

Both Sanders and Galloway called the trip amazing or special and both are two players I could definitely see in the purple and gold down the road. I'll have more from them this week.

Lagway has been to LSU before but returned to meet the new staff and it sounds like the four-star QB enjoyed his time too.

"It was amazing," he said, "It was a great experience meeting the coaching staff and they had a lot of stuff planned for us as the day went by."

Just texted with Christian Gray about lining up interview about the trip and he's still on campus right now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News