ADVERTISEMENT

A Southerner Looks At Bama

Jun 27, 2001
Well let’s just say what most people think about the University of Alabama. Its football pursuits justify its identity with an uneducated backward white population and a symbolic link to the Lost Cause they hold so dear. Much in the same way as D.W. Griffith’s movie The Birth of a Nation encouraged the worst elements of southern society a hundred years ago; Bama football still encourages a similar backward behavior from a large segment of its fan base today. The Crimson Tide football team is an outlet for their lunatic fringe fans and gives them a venue to be recognized.

Football has stalled the University of Alabama’s transformation into a modern university with intellectual, aesthetic or humanistic concerns. Bama fans overestimate the “esteem” of being the last college football factory. Bama fans defend the indefensible, deny the undeniable and are thus driven by extreme emotion into delusions and unconscionable often violent actions. Even Nick Saban contributes to the lunacy by comparing losing a football game to the Pearl Harbor and 911 tragedies when thousands of Americans lost their lives. The reality is that the NCAA would actually do the University of Alabama a favor by handing down the Death Penalty for its football team. Then perhaps finally its faculty, alumni and students might appreciate the scholarship and learning that mark a university with intellectual fiber and integrity.

Also the University of Alabama’s misplaced priorities of gold-plated football fluff over economic substance harms the state’s citizens with a false bravado of football. History reveals that the holy crusade of Bama football acts as an impediment to social and economic progress. For instance the University of Alabama administration allows white-only sororities to continue their policy of banning African-American females from membership. Ironic that most of the precocious Bama “student athletes” are African-American but their daughters and sisters can be excluded from university sororities. It is well known that when a university simply reflects the attitudes of its football fans it is no longer a university in the true meaning of the word. And so it is that “roll tide” is the mortifying apology for those who are either naive or without individual self-respect or dignity.

Reactions: RebelBengal
Must hurt like hell to be such a jealous red headed stepchild and not be able to do anything about it. You might be the most pathetic whiner I've ever heard. And coming from someone from that cesspool you call a State makes your rant even more pathetic. New Orleans is probably the biggest degenerate cesspool in the US. It has only been a handfull of years since your dumbass biggoted State classified people relative to the mixture of their blood. What was it - something like if a person had 10% negro blood they had to be classified as black. What an inbred retarded bunch you are. I'm just ROTFLMMFAO at you!

Reactions: Bama1941
Must hurt like hell to be such a jealous red headed stepchild and not be able to do anything about it. You might be the most pathetic whiner I've ever heard. And coming from someone from that cesspool you call a State makes your rant even more pathetic. New Orleans is probably the biggest degenerate cesspool in the US. It has only been a handfull of years since your dumbass biggoted State classified people relative to the mixture of their blood. What was it - something like if a person had 10% negro blood they had to be classified as black. What an inbred retarded bunch you are. I'm just ROTFLMMFAO at you!

The Crimsonturdite at it again. What kindergarten did you fail to graduate from? I guess you sidewalk Bama fans have nothing eles to live for! Now go back and bang your sister..I mean wife! Silly Turder!

Well let’s just say what most people think about the University of Alabama. Its football pursuits justify its identity with an uneducated backward white population and a symbolic link to the Lost Cause they hold so dear. Much in the same way as D.W. Griffith’s movie The Birth of a Nation encouraged the worst elements of southern society a hundred years ago; Bama football still encourages a similar backward behavior from a large segment of its fan base today. The Crimson Tide football team is an outlet for their lunatic fringe fans and gives them a venue to be recognized.

Football has stalled the University of Alabama’s transformation into a modern university with intellectual, aesthetic or humanistic concerns. Bama fans overestimate the “esteem” of being the last college football factory. Bama fans defend the indefensible, deny the undeniable and are thus driven by extreme emotion into delusions and unconscionable often violent actions. Even Nick Saban contributes to the lunacy by comparing losing a football game to the Pearl Harbor and 911 tragedies when thousands of Americans lost their lives. The reality is that the NCAA would actually do the University of Alabama a favor by handing down the Death Penalty for its football team. Then perhaps finally its faculty, alumni and students might appreciate the scholarship and learning that mark a university with intellectual fiber and integrity.

Also the University of Alabama’s misplaced priorities of gold-plated football fluff over economic substance harms the state’s citizens with a false bravado of football. History reveals that the holy crusade of Bama football acts as an impediment to social and economic progress. For instance the University of Alabama administration allows white-only sororities to continue their policy of banning African-American females from membership. Ironic that most of the precocious Bama “student athletes” are African-American but their daughters and sisters can be excluded from university sororities. It is well known that when a university simply reflects the attitudes of its football fans it is no longer a university in the true meaning of the word. And so it is that “roll tide” is the mortifying apology for those who are either naive or without individual self-respect or dignity.
I have worked in your state and enjoyed the people there. I guess I am different, but I always enjoy mingling with the LSU fans when they come to Alabama. They are one of my favorite schools we play. I do think your are an exception to the rule of the majority of the people who are properly educated and live in Louisiana. I do think you have a real problem and need some help, further education or counseling. I however feel you are incorrigible from your personal bitter attitude in your comments above. It would probably be a waste of time or money on your behalf as you are to misinformed and fit the in the exact low category type of people you so dislike and express such a low opinion towards in your opinion of the people of Alabama.

Reactions: Bama1941
SEC Officials STINK on ICE.
SEC Officials home office has always been, and remains in Alabama.
Coincidence?

Bama leads the SEC in both SEC-C's and mNC's.
Bama leads the SEC in NCAA Cheater Probations.
Bama Credo: If you ain't cheatin' then you ain't trying hard enough to win...
(btw, the same facts apply to kensucky B-Ball)

No hate involved, just long time observations and opinions, combined with some accurate statements.

I have worked in your state and enjoyed the people there. I guess I am different, but I always enjoy mingling with the LSU fans when they come to Alabama. They are one of my favorite schools we play. I do think your are an exception to the rule of the majority of the people who are properly educated and live in Louisiana. I do think you have a real problem and need some help, further education or counseling. I however feel you are incorrigible from your personal bitter attitude in your comments above. It would probably be a waste of time or money on your behalf as you are to misinformed and fit the in the exact low category type of people you so dislike and express such a low opinion towards in your opinion of the people of Alabama.

Dear BamaD, no, no, no you are mistaken. I am not referring to the good and noble citizens of Alabama but Bama football fans in particular wherever they reside. Yes indeed it is the Bama lunatics like Harvey Updyke et al that makes your fan base an embarrassment. UA would actually benefit by getting the NCAA Death Penalty. Touche.

Last edited:
The Crimsonturdite at it again. What kindergarten did you fail to graduate from? I guess you sidewalk Bama fans have nothing eles to live for! Now go back and bang your sister..I mean wife! Silly Turder!

You are madder than hell about Less not being able to hang with DaddySabes.

'A Southerner Looks At 'Bama'???

What a cockamammie bunch of whooey. Plain-a$$ hatchet-job, pure and simple - and a poor one, at that. I don't get the venue, completely disagree with the message and would counter the 'cult' aspect eluded to by the OP mimics every traditional football power university in America ... including Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Southern Cal, Florida State, Miami, Pittsburgh, Syracuse or Georgia Tech ... all schools with rich football traditions and championship pasts. What a total crock of crap. Poorly presented and weakly argued. If this was a prosecution you'd be receiving a directed verdict of not-guilty 'bout now, if it was a defense your client would be walking towards the light. Truly amateurish elitism ... 'southerner'? HA!!! Faulkner you ain't. More akin to a midget-minded Pee Dee, SC-area parasite like Pee Wee Gaskins, the 5'5" stone-cold killer ... 'ya bumpkin. YOU might do with a little 'electrical' charge yo' own good self.

(This guy has posted the identical rant on at least three rivals boards - he's an idiot). FWIW - while I'm here, could anyone suggest a good website to purchase frozen crawfish via mail order? Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT