ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly postgame press conference + VIDEO

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
- “Well, exciting day in Tiger Stadium. Our guys saw this as an opportunity.” — Brian Kelly

- “Our best players played their best, and we needed that.” Great defensive second half.

- Says Jayden Daniels was “excellent” again, back-to-back weeks as the catalyst for the offense.

- “We got stronger. We exerted our will against our opponent, which is part of what we’re building here.”

- Kelly says the team will look forward to entering a much-needed break with the positive momentum. Mentions they’ll hit the road recruiting during the bye week.

- Kelly asked whether a win like today helps validate his decision to take the LSU job. “No,” he laughs. “I think that’s probably the furthest thing from my mind. I’m so excited for our players.”

- Kelly on Joe Foucha's interception: "The momentum really shifted there. The interception was probably the biggest play because they were threatening to score in that position. That was a huge play."

- Kelly on Harold Perkins... "He was good. He was active. ... He's an exceptional player." Mentions that the freshman LB impacts the defense.

- Kelly on hugging Jayden Daniels at the end of the game? "This was a big game in a lot of ways. ... He's in a very good place to run this offense now. He's a ready to do really good things for us."

- Kelly asked what flipped for LSU in the last few weeks. After a long pause ... "We weren't as far away in that Tennessee game as the score indicated. ... I coached poorly that day. When we looked at it internally, we weren't that far off."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News