ADVERTISEMENT

First Visit To Baton Rouge for 2 Iowa Fans -LSU/Bama Game Tips

Jun 15, 2012
My friend and I are both Iowa Hawkeye graduates and fans, but we are trying to see other parts of the country and other school's game day experiences.

We have booked flights to BTR arriving 11/1 AM and leaving 11/4 PM. We have tickets already, have a hotel booked, and a rental car.

Is there a guide on the forum for out-of-state fans to visit Baton Rouge? Please point me there, or if there isn't one, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

We are looking for the best seafood, gumbo, and crawfish spots as well.

Should we even attempt to tailgate using our car, or should we Uber on gameday? If we should tailgate, how do we go about getting a spot?

Any and all tips are helpful!

My friend and I are both Iowa Hawkeye graduates and fans, but we are trying to see other parts of the country and other school's game day experiences.

We have booked flights to BTR arriving 11/1 AM and leaving 11/4 PM. We have tickets already, have a hotel booked, and a rental car.

Is there a guide on the forum for out-of-state fans to visit Baton Rouge? Please point me there, or if there isn't one, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

We are looking for the best seafood, gumbo, and crawfish spots as well.

Should we even attempt to tailgate using our car, or should we Uber on gameday? If we should tailgate, how do we go about getting a spot?

Any and all tips are helpful!

When tailgating you can do one of two options. First, buy a parking pass somewhere and just setup a spot to tailgate. The earlier you arrive the better chance you have of finding a nice spot to set up. Second, you could just walk around campus, and you are bound to pass multiple tailgates that would invite you over to hang out and have a beer and some food, hear stories about this every year, don't be shy. How old are you guys?

We're both 28. I posted on TigerDroppings and they said to just walk around wearing Iowa gear, with beers and introduce ourselves. Anything else?

We're both 28. I posted on TigerDroppings and they said to just walk around wearing Iowa gear, with beers and introduce ourselves. Anything else?

Some of my favorite places to eat in Baton Rouge are Sammy's, Mike Andersons, and TJ Ribs. Can't go wrong with any of those three. Feel free to send me a direct message on here, and I'll shoot you my number, and you and your friend are more than welcome to stop by our tailgate for a beer.

When tailgating you can do one of two options. First, buy a parking pass somewhere and just setup a spot to tailgate. The earlier you arrive the better chance you have of finding a nice spot to set up. Second, you could just walk around campus, and you are bound to pass multiple tailgates that would invite you over to hang out and have a beer and some food, hear stories about this every year, don't be shy. How old are you guys?

Come early and be prepared to leave early since the game will likely be over by the half.

Some of my favorite places to eat in Baton Rouge are Sammy's, Mike Andersons, and TJ Ribs. Can't go wrong with any of those three. Feel free to send me a direct message on here, and I'll shoot you my number, and you and your friend are more than welcome to stop by our tailgate for a beer.

Thanks for the invite. I can't figure out how to send a direct message on here, so if you could reach out to me, we will definitely take you up on that. We'll be carrying beers as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT