ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks are hoping all LSU players, fans, and students are safe during hurricane Delta

Apr 6, 2011
One thing all of the coastal southern states have to endure is more and more tropical storms of varying degrees. Living in the south truly is better than most places so we're used to having to deal with these on a regular basis. All SEC schools, their students, teachers, players, and fans should care about the others in our conference. Please just follow the professionals' advice and stay safe. South Carolina residents are all well-seasoned in hurricanes, their destruction, and flooding. I live in the South Carolina Lowcountry about 20 miles inland from Hilton Head Island and we've been hit every year in the past few years and sometimes more than once just as Louisiana is this year. I'm knocking on wood as I type this as we've been lucky so far this season with weather except for lots of rain. I just wish we could have the same kind of good luck on the football field, but this year isn't going well at all so far.

Last edited:
One thing all of the coastal southern states have to endure is more and more tropical storms of varying degrees. Living in the south truly is better than most places so we're used to having to deal with these on a regular basis. All SEC schools, their students, teachers, players, and fans should care about the others in our conference. Please just follow the professionals' advice and stay safe. South Carolina residents are all well-seasoned in hurricanes, their destruction, and flooding. I live in the South Carolina Lowcountry about 20 miles inland from Hilton Head Island and we've been hit every year in the past few years and sometimes more than once just as Louisiana is this year. I'm knocking on wood as I type this as we've been lucky so far this season with weather except for lots of rain. I just wish we could have the same kind of good luck on the football field, but this year isn't going well at all so far.

Thank you my partner. Visited Charleston a few years back. Beautiful part of the country. Drove the coast on the way home. Thought I was back down the bayou. Old pontoon bridges. Thought they only existed in south LA. Shrimp boats in the bayous. Beautiful landscape that I could relate to. Seafood in Charleston was OK to very good. Just not as good as south LA.

Reactions: yemacock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT