ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Geek Picks update (games of 12/29)

scoot4par

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
Well, Central Mich gave the gophers a game but couldn't cover. The sheet is now 11-9 against the spread and 14-6 on the over/under. Betting 100 per bet you would be up $850 right now. Think I should still keep my day job.

Today's games....

California scores 31.3 with total yds of 464
Air Force scores 35.5 with total yds of 507
  • This is a bit of a shocker as the line has California as the favorite by 7. Only common opponent is San Diego St. which California drubbed and Air Force lost to. So I don't know if I buy it, even if the numbers tell me this.

North Carolina scores 36.3 with total yds of 458
Baylor scores 40.7 with total yds of 623
  • current spread is 3-3.5 Baylor favored, no common opponents. Slight lean toward Baylor by the sheet. Current over/under of 68-69 would appear to be a good bet.

Nevada scores 25.7 with total yds of 381
Colorado St. scores 29.9 with total yds of 425
  • If you are betting this game I suggest you see someone about your problem.

LSU scores 43.4 with total yds of 577
Texas Tech 36.3 with total yds of 480

• Spread is 7 so no strong pick on this one. Pretty good lean toward taking the over at the current total of 74.
  • I have revised TT chance of winning (actually corrected an error). TT wins 6 our 144 possible generated scores meaning they have a 4.167% chance of winning. Of course my spreadsheet uses stats for the entire season with no greater weight placed on more recent performance. In short, it doesn't know that our offensive production in our last 3 games was actually less than our opponents averages.
  • 14 points against an Arkansas team that allowed 27.8 pts per game
  • 17 points against an Ole Miss team that allowed 22.8 points per game, and
  • 19 points against a Texas A&M team that allowed 21.6 pts per game.
Though a definite trend of improvement over the course of those 3 games, its hard to get to optimistic when that improvement, is from crappiest, crappier to just crappy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News