ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL I think Jimbo is the front runner but the only problem is

You do realize that many Repubs used the same setup right? Powell etc. She is one of many that have done that. Hardly a practice unique to Clinton.

And no I am not wrong about how he could have won it. 80% of the voters are sick of government. If he could have come in and play the part "emotionally" while still keeping the same message, he would have won by double digits no matter what the media said. He would have won almost everyone on the fence.

And if you are for Trump, good luck to you. I honestly don't care who wins. They both suck ass.

Of course I know many GOP players did. Why do you think the Bushes have been so adamantly against Trump??

And.......... Of course you are Dead wrong. Trump is fighting against Obama/Hillary, The DNC, Numerous Heavy duty Financial Power brokers, the MSM, 1/2 the GOP, and all the machinery that goes along with all of that. Anyone that has to fight against that much power, money, and lust for greed is fighting a seriously uphill battle

Of course I know many GOP players did. Why do you think the Bushes have been so adamantly against Trump??

And.......... Of course you are Dead wrong. Trump is fighting against Obama/Hillary, The DNC, Numerous Heavy duty Financial Power brokers, the MSM, 1/2 the GOP, and all the machinery that goes along with all of that. Anyone that has to fight against that much power, money, and lust for greed is fighting a seriously uphill battle
Either way we are on the same page. I want a RESET button. I just wish the man to do it was much better than Trump.

Reactions: MTT75007 and TDLSU
Either way we are on the same page. I want a RESET button. I just wish the man to do it was much better than Trump.

It had to be someone like Trump though. This is what a lot of people simply can't understand.

It had to be someone with enough money, moxie, bravado, and thick-skin to stand up against all the forces that he's fighting against.

Reactions: WINKINC and jwp475

If he was really smart he would not be fighting 1/2 his own party....THAT is the point.

It had to be someone like Trump though. This is what a lot of people simply can't understand.

It had to be someone with enough money, moxie, bravado, and thick-skin to stand up against all the forces that he's fighting against.
Much too thin skinned. Worse than a 13 year old. Not wise enough to trust with the keys. People would rather politicians steal $$ like they have forever, over his immature responses to little problems when big problems arise.

Either way, we will know in 9 days.

Reactions: MTT75007
If he was really smart he would not be fighting 1/2 his own party....THAT is the point.

No, that's where you are wrong. If the other 1/2 of the party were behind him, the american people that can get him elected wouldn't be. He would then be Marco Rubio or Mitt Romney and he would lose.

Much too thin skinned. Worse than a 13 year old. .

Again, you are wrong on this point. Yes, he comes across that way, but no one, and I mean no one, with thin skin could battle all the evil forces that Trump has had to battle, for as long as he has, and be where he is today.

Reactions: jwp475
No, that's where you are wrong. If the other 1/2 of the party were behind him, the american people that can get him elected wouldn't be. He would then be Marco Rubio or Mitt Romney and he would lose.
We can agree to disagree. He was the only one who could say he was not bought. That had nothing to do with playing the part politically. Easy to separate himself from Rubio and the sheep. The GOP is a mess and a disgrace, and would have supported anyone. The issue with the people on the fence is that respected people in the party have bailed. People like Bloomberg, Bill Gates, and Buffett who are trusted came out against him. These are people that pay their fair share, are huge philanthropists. He could have kept them all quiet, Ryan, Romney, and crew would have supported him. The Sheeple would have followed. He would have killed her. But he had to be his "persona".

Again, you are wrong on this point. Yes, he comes across that way, but no one, and I mean no one, with thin skin could battle all the evil forces that Trump has had to battle, for as long as he has, and be where he is today.
Buddy, you should know that we agree on many things, but if you can't see that he is an emotion invalid, then you don't really understand psychology. The guy cannot handle being criticized. I know large contractors personally in South Florida that worked on his home and golf course. They had to sue him to get paid. He is just a bully with $$ that works the system. Certainly he knows how to break people that want to get paid and leverage it to his advantage, but he is basically an independent real estate guy. That is not a huge deal, really. He knows little outside real estate.

We can agree to disagree. He was the only one who could say he was not bought. That had nothing to do with playing the part politically. Easy to separate himself from Rubio and the sheep. The GOP is a mess and a disgrace, and would have supported anyone. The issue with the people on the fence is that respected people in the party have bailed. People like Bloomberg, Bill Gates, and Buffett who are trusted came out against him. These are people that pay their fair share, are huge philanthropists. He could have kept them all quiet, Ryan, Romney, and crew would have supported him. The Sheeple would have followed. He would have killed her. But he had to be his "persona".
Trump can't keep em quite when he wants the U.S. out of out of the NWO & NAFTA(think Britain leaving EU past Summer) that spoils the Elite/Globalist plan that Bush sr. put in acceleration mode...RINO's & Dem's two side of the same coin...are in too deep....Trillion$$$ are at stake...that's why those philantropist aren't in...all part of the Corporate cabal

BTW Britain aka BREXIT used "paper ballots" over there ....NO WAY they allow that here! This place is an Oligarchy..put still too many asleep at the wheel

Back to Jimbo....wonder what will become of those ACC Officials that hosed the Noles last night??

Politically and emotionally, he is just that. I am in the majority there. Sorry you can't see it. I own businesses and deal with a lot of wealthy MORONS especially the ones that were given the silver spoon. Just because you can make money does not mean you are smart, have integrity, or should be honored. You must be one of the guys that thinks he was an "honest" billionaire business man, that once he gets the reigns is going to be about the "common man" LOL. He will abandon everything he stands for and not protect the wealthy? LOL.

Sorry that you are so blind and narrow minded. Again you jump to conclusion I only said he's not a moron. You think you are smarter then why don't you run and show us how smart you really are.
Morons don't run companies

Last edited:
If we win next weekend Jimbo needs to be happy at FSU and have a happy life there. If O is not given a three year contract after next weekend I hope wiki leaks releases Alleva emails.
Three year contract is ridiculous, no matter who is hired!

He just took number 3 to the wire with a true freshman QB. Let's be objective here. Coach O has zero qualifications for this job. He is hoping to show he can do it by riding a team someone else built to a championship.

After really researching both I have come to this conclusion. Their is no way Ed will even be considered unless Jimbo says no. UNLESS Ed wins a championship, which is unlikely. Personally, it would take a national championship for me to keep him over Jimbo and I would do so nervously.

I will be yelling and screaming and pulling for the tigers next Saturday. I pray they win. But logic and reason suggest that on Sunday the adults will able able to discuss real candidates for one of the top jobs in the nation.

And how many judged Miles on what he did recently vs. what he did over his entire coaching career at LSU. Trending is also important.

Actually, neither method is correct. The only way to get an accurate evaluation is to look at their entire body of work.
Yes, but trending is important. Would you judge the stock market now or make an investment now based on what it did in the late 1920s?

SC my friend, after watching CLM be a statue on the sidelines the past 12 years, I kinda appreciated the fire I saw in Jimbo last night. BTW - do you think there is a 15 yard penalty if it were the little midget's tirade?
Not in the SEC,but Alabama wouldn't get hosed in the SEC like Fla. State did.

if he was thick skinned, he wouldn't act like a 10 year old school girl every time someone even slightly questions him.

Gentlemen, I hate Hillary as she is a crook, and Trump is as thin skinned as I've ever seen, I've never seen two people try to lose an election like these two, truly the worse two ever to run for office, but enough of that, Its Bama game week, and although I don't agree with 5656 on the political side, he is hosting a Tailgate with many fellow Tigerbaiters and that is more important than politics. We are going to beat Bama this week, Republicans, Democrats are others will be there and we are UNITED. Beat the Damn Red Team from the East and all will be good next tuesday.

Gentlemen, I hate Hillary as she is a crook, and Trump is as thin skinned as I've ever seen, I've never seen two people try to lose an election like these two, truly the worse two ever to run for office, but enough of that, Its Bama game week, and although I don't agree with 5656 on the political side, he is hosting a Tailgate with many fellow Tigerbaiters and that is more important than politics. We are going to beat Bama this week, Republicans, Democrats are others will be there and we are UNITED. Beat the Damn Red Team from the East and all will be good next tuesday.
giphy.gif

Reactions: JDGutie
You are dead wrong saying Trump could have easily whooped her. Far too many forces against him such as the, bought and paid for, main stream media and other corrupted power brokers in DC. Trump has always had everything against him from the very beginning. His massive ego and flippant speech (as dumb as it may sound sometimes) is precisely why he is where he is today. If he were a polished politician he would be home watching the election like Marco Rubio is.

Wiki leaks has nothing to do with THE reason why Hillary is in serious trouble. She broke the law numerous times. She created her private server to hide incriminating emails and documents that confirm that her Clinton Foundation received large donations in return for helping Qatar and Saudi Arabia with the Qatar-Turkey Pipeline. In exchange for the donations, the CIA was sent to Syria in 2011.

The CIA was behind the staged Arab uprising to attempt to topple Assad, because he was blocking the Quatar-Turkey Pipeline. ISIS spiraled out of control, but provided great cover for the Clinton/Obama agenda of laundering bribes for the pipeline.

Emails on HRC's private server confirm these events. However, Obama/Clinton failed to realize that an auto-sync feature between Huma Abedin and Anthony Wiener inadvertently saved the deleted emails on Weiner's computer.

Russia also cut a deal with Assad to allow an alternative Iran pipeline to go through Syria in exchange for favorable OPEC votes and cash. The cash payments from Iran were actually wealth transfers from Obama-Iran-Russia. Obama got mad when the Iranian money went to Russia.

The Dems were upset for being played by the Iranians and Russians that they want to reignite a cold war against Russia. Hillary getting into office was paramount for the Dems and all of their conspirators (Sachs-MSM-Soros) to pull off one of the largest heists in the history of the world.

There is some seriously incriminating evidence that will open pandora's box (with some help from Wiki leaks) in those emails that the FBI is now gathering off of Weiner's computer.
Tammany I knew our govt, both sides, were corrupt but this info you give us is incredible!!!! Hey I believe you just never looked at it from your angle. I am 60 years old and all I can do is pray for my kids and grandkids
I know you know Charlie Wilson's war in Afghan was not to fight communists but for a pipeline. I have worked worldwide and I consider myself to have a good perspective on issues but this info you give humbles me again. Thanks

Tammany I knew our govt, both sides, were corrupt but this info you give us is incredible!!!! Hey I believe you just never looked at it from your angle. I am 60 years old and all I can do is pray for my kids and grandkids
I know you know Charlie Wilson's war in Afghan was not to fight communists but for a pipeline. I have worked worldwide and I consider myself to have a good perspective on issues but this info you give humbles me again. Thanks

Very few wars (if any since WWII) have been fought for freedom and the reasons why everyone thinks we are fighting them.

Our Nation's leaders (a lot of them anyway) are corrupt as hell. On both sides. Some people think I'm a Trump fan, by the way I talk and post. I'm not. I simply see him as, by far, the lessor evil of the two sides. While I fully realize the man has done some seriously shady deals, has lied like a dog, etc, etc, his sins are nothing compared to the sins of the Clinton's and the power brokers behind them. I also like the fact that Trump is not a part of the mainstream political society. He scares the living hell out of the dems and a lot of the GOP. What the Dems (Obama/Clintons/Soro's, etc) and even some GOP high ranking members are trying to do to our country is beyond awful. They have to be stopped.

Very few wars (if any since WWII) have been fought for freedom and the reasons why everyone thinks we are fighting them.

Our Nation's leaders (a lot of them anyway) are corrupt as hell. On both sides. Some people think I'm a Trump fan, by the way I talk and post. I'm not. I simply see him as, by far, the lessor evil of the two sides. While I fully realize the man has done some seriously shady deals, has lied like a dog, etc, etc, his sins are nothing compared to the sins of the Clinton's and the power brokers behind them. I also like the fact that Trump is not a part of the mainstream political society. He scares the living hell out of the dems and a lot of the GOP. What the Dems (Obama/Clintons/Soro's, etc) and even some GOP high ranking members are trying to do to our country is beyond awful. They have to be stopped.
Tammany most people will think you and I are crazy. As I look back I realize how naive I was all my life. I just don't know if it can be stopped

If we win next weekend Jimbo needs to be happy at FSU and have a happy life there. If O is not given a three year contract after next weekend I hope wiki leaks releases Alleva emails.

O shouldn't be handed anything until the end of the season. Nothing would put a damper on a Bama win than losing to Arky the following week. Without running the table, he shouldn't get the nod without looking at other candidates.

And is the same HC that is 9-6 in his last 15 games, humiliating loss this year and lost last 2 bowl games. I know I keep repeating that but what makes you think he will do better at LSU? And if he does not, do we fire him as well? Miles was 10-5 in his last 15 games here, 1-1 in last 2 bowls. So Jimbo will look better losing, is that the answer? I'm not saying it was not time to let Miles go, but what makes you think Jimbo will do any better in the W/L column? Because he's won a NC? Miles did that. Because he's won some conf championships? Miles did that. What have you done for me lately? And don't say because LSU has better talent

Vast difference between taking a team that averaged 5 losses a year prior to his taking over and winning the NC, than taking over a team 2 years removed from an NC...and winning an NC. FSU was 7-6 in 2009..and had 1 10 win season between 2001 & 2009 under Bowden. LSU was built to win NC's in 2005.

Yes, but trending is important. Would you judge the stock market now or make an investment now based on what it did in the late 1920s?

I said nothing about ignoring trends. I did say that it is important to examine JF's entire body of work and not just 15 or 16 games. Would it be wise to ignore the fact that Fisher was 64-10 prior to those last 16 games?

I also gave a couple of notable examples where Bryant, Switzer, and Bowden all had similar setbacks in their careers. This perfectly illustrates that focusing on recent trends will not provide an AD with a fool proof method for hiring or firing a HC. In fact, focusing on recent trends, may just set you up to miss out on someone who would have gotten your program exactly where you wanted to geaux!

As for the examination of 90 year old stocks; I am not sure what that has to do with anything I said. Maybe it was your use of hyperbole, for dramatic affect?;)

I thank god some of you are not making the head coaching decision. First of all under no circumstances will Orgeron be named the permanent head coach before the season ends. Nor should he.

He has taken a very talented and senior team with the best player in the country and won 3 games. This team lost to Wisconsin on the road do to a bonehead turnover that was the final straw in getting the QB replaced and to an Auburn team on the road where they came up 1 second from a win with a new QB. Both of these teams are at or near the top 10 in the current rankings.

He has beaten a woeful 2-6 Missouri team at home, they have no hope to make a bowl game, and a mediocre at best 3-5 Ole Miss team at home who will be lucky to make a bowl game. He also beat a Southern Miss Team who lost to Troy and UTSA at home. At least they will likely be bowl eligible.

Now you want to give this guy a contract if he beats Alabama and it's true freshman QB at home. A team we pretty much always play close. In lieu of a coach who reportedly wants to come here and has a better resume than anyone on the planet not named Saban or Meyer. Brilliant.
I sure am glad that I don't have to be the only person making this argument on the board anymore. Thanks.

I said nothing about ignoring trends. I did say that it is important to examine JF's entire body of work and not just 15 or 16 games. Would it be wise to ignore the fact that Fisher was 64-10 prior to those last 16 games?

I also gave a couple of notable examples where Bryant, Switzer, and Bowden all had similar setbacks in their careers. This perfectly illustrates that focusing on recent trends will not provide an AD with a fool proof method for hiring or firing a HC. In fact, focusing on recent trends, may just set you up to miss out on someone who would have gotten your program exactly where you wanted to geaux!

As for the examination of 90 year old stocks; I am not sure what that has to do with anything I said. Maybe it was your use of hyperbole, for dramatic affect?;)

I agree. Some of the O detractors want to focus on his time at Mississippi. His time at Mississippi is important;however , it doesn't paint the entire portrait, trends are important too. Trending is what was used to get rid of Miles;let's face it the odds are great LSU's next coach will not have as good a resume' as Miles. I still think Fisher to LSU is a Sextant feint. Now I've posted often imo coaching is about timing and fit. I can't think of a worse fit than O at Mississippi; I never understood the hire. O is a straight out coonass ; I never thought O would fit in with the tea and crumpet crowd; on the other hand, O would appear to be a perfect fit at LSU.
If O would become permanent HC at LSU I wouldn't be disappointed;however,I understand the O detractors' arguments.

I agree. Some of the O detractors want to focus on his time at Mississippi. His time at Mississippi is important;however , it doesn't paint the entire portrait, trends are important too. Trending is what was used to get rid of Miles;let's face it the odds are great LSU's next coach will not have as good a resume' as Miles. I still think Fisher to LSU is a Sextant feint. Now I've posted often imo coaching is about timing and fit. I can't think of a worse fit than O at Mississippi; I never understood the hire. O is a straight out coonass ; I never thought O would fit in with the tea and crumpet crowd; on the other hand, O would appear to be a perfect fit at LSU.
If O would become permanent HC at LSU I wouldn't be disappointed;however,I understand the O detractors' arguments.

I could be wrong; but I think that many of the pro-CEO posters are thinking about what this staff can accomplish as a group rather than CEO as HC. No doubt, the current Tiger coaches are one of the best recruiting staffs in CFB. Without a doubt, Dave Aranda is a defensive guru and may be the 2nd best DC in CFB. (and experience my be the only ingredient separating NS & DA)

Raymond, Juluke, Craig, Grimes, and Peveto (yes, it does seem like he is doing a much better job since the regime change) are all great to excellent position coaches.
Ensminger is the most interesting to me. Imo, he is doing a fabulous job game planning and calling plays and he will have to do so in order for CEO to have any shot at the necessary 6-1/7-0 finish.

Therefore I have the following questions:
Why would it be necessary to replace Ensminger as the OC if he has the LSU O firing on all cylinders?
Do you trust that CEO will continue to be successful hiring replacements for this staff as they decide to move on to bigger and better things? Especially, when there is absolutely no evidence that he has the ability to identify and bring in top notch replacements.
Personally, I am not looking for a short term replacement; I am looking for the next guy that will be able to spend the next 10+ years maintaining the Tiger program at a championship level.
We have evidence that someone like Fisher can, more than likely, sustain a championship program. Does CEO have what it takes to get that done?

For the record, I do have my preferences for CLM's replacement but, in the end, I don't care who it is as long as they get the job done!

I could be wrong; but I think that many of the pro-CEO posters are thinking about what this staff can accomplish as a group rather than CEO as HC. No doubt, the current Tiger coaches are one of the best recruiting staffs in CFB. Without a doubt, Dave Aranda is a defensive guru and may be the 2nd best DC in CFB. (and experience my be the only ingredient separating NS & DA)

Raymond, Juluke, Craig, Grimes, and Peveto (yes, it does seem like he is doing a much better job since the regime change) are all great to excellent position coaches.
Ensminger is the most interesting to me. Imo, he is doing a fabulous job game planning and calling plays and he will have to do so in order for CEO to have any shot at the necessary 6-1/7-0 finish.

Why would it be necessary to replace Ensminger as the OC if he has the LSU O firing on all cylinders?
Do you trust that CEO will continue to be successful hiring replacements for this staff as they decide to move on to bigger and better things? Especially, when there is absolutely no evidence that he has the ability to identify and bring in top notch replacements.
Personally, I am not looking for a short term replacement; I am looking for the next guy that will be able to spend the next 10+ years maintaining the Tiger program at a championship level.
We have evidence that someone like Fisher can, more than likely, sustain a championship program. Does CEO have what it takes to get that done?

For the record, I do have my preferences for CLM's replacement but, in the end, I don't care who it is as long as they get the job done!
I will have an answer to all of your questions in December.:D

I will have an answer to all of your questions in December.:D

With all due respect doctor, no you won't because we will not know whether he has the ability to identify and bring in top notch coordinators and recruiters because he will not have had the opportunity to do that. We also will not know if he can manage all the off the field stuff that comes along with an elite college football program.

We will be able to gauge his on the field coaching ability and his ability to handle adversity and his temperament. He is about to face a gauntlet. Bama, Arkansas on the road, Texas A&M on the road, Florida at home. Nobody has a tougher schedule these last 4 weeks. Then if he gets through that unscathed he gets rewarded with a road game against probably Florida.

With all due respect doctor, no you won't because we will not know whether he has the ability to identify and bring in top notch coordinators and recruiters because he will not have had the opportunity to do that. We also will not know if he can manage all the off the field stuff that comes along with an elite college football program.

We will be able to gauge his on the field coaching ability and his ability to handle adversity and his temperament. He is about to face a gauntlet. Bama, Arkansas on the road, Texas A&M on the road, Florida at home. Nobody has a tougher schedule these last 4 weeks. Then if he gets through that unscathed he gets rewarded with a road game against probably Florida.
Oh, I'll have an answer. Not sure it will be correct or not, but rest assured, I'll have an answer. I didn't say it would be "the" answer.:cool:

Much too thin skinned. Worse than a 13 year old. Not wise enough to trust with the keys. People would rather politicians steal $$ like they have forever, over his immature responses to little problems when big problems arise.

Either way, we will know in 9 days.

My work takes me all over the country and you just don't see any Hillary support, like you do Trump support. Trump wins big

Your questions are excellent;imo O has been around the block enough he can identify top notch coaches,however, it's just an opinion. The problem as I see it is Aranda is on the fast track to be a HC ,if LSU's D holds Alabama in check his value will sky-rocket. I'm partial to defensive coaches and think their programs do better in the long run, think Nick Saban,Gene Stallings, and Pete Carroll. Isn't Sweeney a defensive guy?
I would ,at least at this time , hate to lose Aranda. If I understand correctly O fired Cam and promoted Ensminger; at least on the surface it looks like a good move.

So, who are your preferences?

Oh, I'll have an answer. Not sure it will be correct or not, but rest assured, I'll have an answer. I didn't say it would be "the" answer.:cool:
Great answer rabbid. I agree with you 100%(slightly rare event.LOL). The thing is no one will have an answer as to who would be a sure fire success at LSU. Yes there are questions about Coach O, but to believe there will be no questions about the mythical coach that some have in mind is magical thinking. No matter who is hired there will be no guarantee of success. When we list our candidates who we believe will lead LSU back to the Top of the SEC, we are stating our opinion. We all have one and the fact is our opinion does not carry the imprimatur of truth.

Your questions are excellent;imo O has been around the block enough he can identify top notch coaches,however, it's just an opinion. The problem as I see it is Aranda is on the fast track to be a HC ,if LSU's D holds Alabama in check his value will sky-rocket. I'm partial to defensive coaches and think their programs do better in the long run, think Nick Saban,Gene Stallings, and Pete Carroll. Isn't Sweeney a defensive guy?
I would ,at least at this time , hate to lose Aranda. If I understand correctly O fired Cam and promoted Ensminger; at least on the surface it looks like a good move.

So, who are your preferences?

Swinney is offensive. He was WR at Alabama and his entire career track was as a WR coach. Only time he was an OC was his one interim year in 2008. So he basically went from position coach to HC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT