ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL I Watched The Aranda Presser

Wildtigers10

Hall Of Fame
Jan 26, 2006
Shreveport, Louisiana
and I got to say I have completely the opposite feeling about the direction of LSU football. I ran off about how disappointed I was in the Kevin Steele hire last year and that it might cost Miles his job. Well, I think this hire just might save his job.

The mannerism of Coach Aranda, the thoughtfulness, the measured approached to answering questions, I think we may have stumbled into a really "quality" (as Miles would say) hire here. I am actually looking forward to see what type of defense LSU plans to put on the field in 2016. There was a time when I'd go to the spring time to see what, if anything, we were going to do different with the offense, but I might go this year to see the defense.

I like a coach on the defensive side of the ball who can scheme, but it doesn't take three years to learn the scheme and the players aren't playing football but trying to play a role if you know what I mean.

Anyway, that interview went a long way to restoring confidence and excitement for LSU football for 2016. And, I was really depressed given the late November nuclear meltdown in the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News