ADVERTISEMENT

If Les isn't fired

littleton tiger

1st Team All-America
Dec 31, 2012
after tonight then he will retire at LSU secure in the knowledge that he has accomplished his goal of destroying the program.

Reactions: 1mac$
You truely are a dumbass aren't you? LSU has never had a program worth destroying. You had nothing but a spark here and there before Saban came and built a little something. Then Miles came and survived for a time off the scraps Saban left until he came to Bama and resurected what the NCAA almost killed. Now things are just back to the norm where they were before Bama went on probation - except that between Saban and Miles, LSU has been relevant for the longest period in your history. You can't regularly beat the greatest football program in history - but you never could. So dumbass, exactly where has Miles destroyed the program?

Miles has established LSU as an upper level mediocrity program which "fans" project as great program. Bubble burst every season when Miles teams line up against conference teams. Ever since 2011, the weakness of Miles head coaching abilities are exposed when playing equally talented teams. As a season progresses Miles teams stagnant from about fourth or fifth game. This game is perfect example. Miles approach didn't vary from earlier games. Run straight at the acknowledge best front seven in college football. Result is 100 yards of offense and humiliation!! One could fairly ask why didn't Miles turn tables on Bama with a short passing game? Reason is simple, LSU never developed a short passing game. If running straight ahead works that's what we are going to do. STOP! don't you blame it on CC OC. This is the same offense Miles came to LSU with but may it will disappear when he retires.

Miles and Mark Richt are taking their schools programs to the Texas longhorn sports graveyard. Miles views his job as his serfdom. Hell, his coaches are friends not employees. Why was BP rehired and why is he still here today? It must be due to outstanding play of our special teams unit...Of course, there is the invisible coach SE. He is our secret weapon.His duties are so secretive we will have to wait until Miles retires to find out what he did. Bet the new coach will want to keep him on staff... Secretaries and clerks can run errands. Why am I wasting time writing this? By time Miles retires Lsu will be a confirmed second trier program.

Reactions: peanutspot
You truely are a dumbass aren't you? LSU has never had a program worth destroying. You had nothing but a spark here and there before Saban came and built a little something. Then Miles came and survived for a time off the scraps Saban left until he came to Bama and resurected what the NCAA almost killed. Now things are just back to the norm where they were before Bama went on probation - except that between Saban and Miles, LSU has been relevant for the longest period in your history. You can't regularly beat the greatest football program in history - but you never could. So dumbass, exactly where has Miles destroyed the program?

Go blow Ole Miss you clown!!! LMAO!! Nothing like a typical Bama idiot!

I just don't understand the "fire Les," stuff. Well, I take that back -- I do but it isn't rational. You lost a big game in a year where you had a chance to go all the way, but think about that. Does having a team so good that you had/have a chance to go all the way, mean Miles should be fired? He's won a NC and played for another and LSU is one of the best teams in the SEC every year plus he's a genuinely good man. I like him a lot as a person and as a coach. I understand the anger and disappointment but you have a great coach.

LES- not even a consideration to spend time on his firing. Been solid.
But guys, it is not over I am afraid=-- ARK coming to town and likely going to be another whipping despite their record. Just starting to ROLL I am afraid for your sake?

Les Miles really needs to go!!! he cant manage the clock, he is out coached in big games and he shows no emotion at all . He is too laid back, he needs to light a fire under the players and coaches. Jon Gruden would be a perfect fit at LSU... give him what he wants and get him here. Jeff fisher, Gary Patterson, are also not bad choices but,,, Jon Gruden would come in here and things will turn around very quickly.

Thanks T J been saying the same thing for years. Where is the disconnect in LSU football
1. Money- nope
2. facilities-nope
3. fan support-nope
4. talent within 500 miles of Baton rouge-nope
that leaves one thing-coaching Fire Les hire Gary Patterson and retain coaches orgeron, Wilson and Steele.

Kevin Steele was a terrible hire. Replacing him would do wonders.

When VT doesn't hire Bud Foster as HC, LSU would be very smart to go after him for DC>

Agree

As a Nole fan, I'm curious: Why do you think Jimbo would leave FSU for LSU? It's not money - he makes a lot of that now, and we'd give him more. I know you play in a tougher conference, and most certainly a MUCH tougher division - but is that a good thing for him? With all due respect, our history and facilities stack up well, so .... what is it?

Why would anybody want Jimbo? With the thugs he recruits local stores would be expected to hand over free crab legs and other food, lunchroom crowds would have to put up with the shouting of sexist comments from the tabletops, and your coeds would need self defense classes and rape whistles.

I will say it a bunch of idiots they have there and we just lost the qb so that will serve the stupid fans and media for bashing Les!

As a Nebraska fan let me say be careful what you wish for. In 2001 Nebraska fired a 9 win coach who was 3 years removed from a NC appearance. 14 years later we haven't won a conference title and we have turned from a National contender to a total cluster you know what. Get rid of some of your assistants but be very careful.

Reactions: ariadnetera
Why would anybody want Jimbo? With the thugs he recruits local stores would be expected to hand over free crab legs and other food, lunchroom crowds would have to put up with the shouting of sexist comments from the tabletops, and your coeds would need self defense classes and rape whistles.
Roger

Apparently LSU wanted him..

Reactions: ariadnetera
FSU is a much better job than LSU and it's not close. I think LSU is a great place with a wonderful fan base but the only thing LSU football has over FSU is possibly money.

FSU is a much better job than LSU and it's not close. I think LSU is a great place with a wonderful fan base but the only thing LSU football has over FSU is possibly money.
LSU has a great campus, great fans, fertile recruiting area and players that like to stay home and only ONE university in the state...no competition! It is a dream job for a coach. Les is a good man and should find top notch assistants such as he has had in the past and let someone else manage the clock for sure. I am just an outsider but that is the way I see it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT