ADVERTISEMENT

LSU needs to throw $$$$$$$$$$ at Jimbo Fisher

TIGER_JAKE

1st Team All-America
Sep 30, 2007
LSU needs to get Jimbo Fisher in Baton Rouge and i dont care what amount of money it takes (give him a blank check) Fisher would have no college in Louisiana that would compete with him in the state, at FSU he has 5 or more schools to share the state with. He is a Louisiana native and former OC at LSU. He is an great offensive mind and he can recruit great as well.

I think LSU would be wasting their time again. His agent of course would take the call and get Jimbo some more money. Jimbo makes 6.6 mil after all achieved bonuses- if you are suggesting LSU offering 10 mil range then I'd get him to take it. If LSU was all in and offered 7 to 8 mil he is not going to leave. He grew up loving FSU, He and FSU are very Loyal, He is lifelong friends of the Bowdens, His heart is in Tally. He has often mentioned that if he had a lifetime contract he'd sign it- that's how much he likes FSU. His young kids are embedded in Tally and has an ex wife with split custody. His youngest son that has a rare blood disease and his oldest son are his entire life. He is not splitting the family dynamics up for a couple of mil more if that were the case. In no disrespect, Its a lateral move at best- I know LSU fans think it is way different, but it is not. FSU has a storied rich football history and has a tremendous program. It competes against the SEC as if it were in the SEC and has deep ties in Florida, Georgia and Alabama. FSU would further up his salary to a mutual point and would offer assistants further monies if that were the case. Houston's coach is LSU's best chance to start winning the West or at a more regular pace. If they went all in on Jimbo at 9 to10 mil and he did go, it would be 3 years before LSU fans and boosters would be asking for his head. Jimbo knows that as well. There is no loyalty at that price especially for a School that the boosters run the program. Just my opinion and knowing a little bit from within.

LSU needs to get Jimbo Fisher in Baton Rouge and i dont care what amount of money it takes (give him a blank check) Fisher would have no college in Louisiana that would compete with him in the state, at FSU he has 5 or more schools to share the state with. He is a Louisiana native and former OC at LSU. He is an great offensive mind and he can recruit great as well.

Jimbo is a native of West Virginia. But you are right that he was O.C. at LSU

Jumbo is yesterday's news , let's see what the coonass Cajun Coach O can bring back the magic .

Charlie Strong will, likely, be fired, in the near future. If so, Herman could end up at Texas. Herman's agent's phone has to be ringing around the clock. Herman made a splash at Houston by keeping some of the under the radar talent, in Houston and he is winning by coaching them up.
With Herman being a young coach, I would think he would want to bring his own staff, if he were hired, at LSU. I wonder how much time it would take for him to build a winning team, if he was plugged into the LSU coaching position versus bringing in a whole new coaching staff.
If Orgeron runs the table, he would be making a statement and case for keeping him as the LSU head coach. Some believe that bringing in Jimbo would be a successful plug in with the loss of little or no coaching staff.

Sometimes the old Ray Charles blind joke comes into play you know the one Ray Charles could have seen that one coming .
You have a lot of pretty boys auditioning to be prom King with LSU being the prize Queen . A national search, auditions , agents parading there goods in front of the AD .

I'm backing the Big Cajun the big O let the chips fall where they land we don't need no pretty boy with educated ten letter words the only word is WIN BeBe . My point look in your own backyard first for the Junkyard Dog that's going to fight then a puppy on the porch .

If he doesn't hire a DC soon you can have him. I will take Herman and Patterson any day.

If he doesn't get a DC soon the fans may just throw him in a Uhaul and drive him to Baton Rouge.

If L.S.U. hires Jimbo they should have just kept Les. Patterson, Herman or Dantonio are good options.

Just find some guy with a blank eyed stare, and a corn-dog in one hand with a Butt-wiser in the other, and you've got your man.... :D

Dont be surprised if Jimbo leaves but maybe not, he is a West Virginia native by the way and recruting is not a problem in Florida, he has proven he can gwt the best talent and everyone knows this was a transition year to the next two years as FSU will challenge Bama and anyone else for the top spot, the only person he has to fight over for recruits is Saban...but if he leaves...Good luck and if he dont... we will be happy.!!!

I had coffee with my good friend Jimbo this morning and asked him if he was interested in the LSU job and he said, "No, but I bet I'll get a raise out of this deal." We both laughed uproariously.......bwahahahahah!

Reactions: mark5781
FSU is a pussy school. Plays in a pussy conference and condones rape and theft by it's thug pimp qb. Deal with it.

FSU is a pussy school. Plays in a pussy conference and condones rape and theft by it's thug pimp qb. Deal with it.
Please, the SEC is Alabama and then everyone else. I know it's hard to deal with but you're irrelevant and the best coaches available don't want anything to do with your dumpster fire program. Enjoy your backup plan coach.

Reactions: NolaNole9
Facts.
Wins LSU-771 FSU 522
Bowls LSU-47 FSU-43
Championships LSU 18 FSU 14
National Championships LSU 4 FSU 3

Also LSU plays big boy football and FSU plays glorified high school football
And jist to be clear everything I posted above was the truth

Facts.
Wins LSU-771 FSU 522
Bowls LSU-47 FSU-43
Championships LSU 18 FSU 14
National Championships LSU 4 FSU 3

Also LSU plays big boy football and FSU plays glorified high school football
And jist to be clear everything I posted above was the truth

Couple things...

LSU has been playing football 54 years longer than FSU has.

And LSU does not have 4 National Championships. They have 3.

Sorry you are wrong 1908 1958 2003 2007

Lol, the 1908 "retroactive" National Championship that LSU doesn't even claim?

If we're counting unclaimed National Titles, FSU has 8.

Unfortunately though, we don't count them. So we have 3 National Titles. As does LSU.

Lol, the 1908 "retroactive" National Championship that LSU doesn't even claim?

If we're counting unclaimed National Titles, FSU has 8.

Unfortunately though, we don't count them. So we have 3 National Titles. As does LSU.

Good luck trying to beat Clemson. Oh wait you can't I'm sorry.

Kentucky fan here, love LSU too, I think coach O will do fine, frog face Fisher would not be an LSU type coach, I know he was on the staff at one time but after Jameis Winston telling him what to do nobody respects him anymore, Geaux Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's with the love affair with Jimbo??? Has anyone paid attention to his teams at Florida State?? Other than his brief time with Winston, they are perennial underachievers. They lose 3 games a year, which is what you people ran Les Miles out of town for. I just don't get the Jimbo Fischer hype.

What's with the love affair with Jimbo??? Has anyone paid attention to his teams at Florida State?? Other than his brief time with Winston, they are perennial underachievers. They lose 3 games a year, which is what you people ran Les Miles out of town for. I just don't get the Jimbo Fischer hype.
At least spell his name right....

"mighty" SEC

LULZ - The mighty SEC has won more National Championships in the past nine seasons than the lil' ol' ACC has won in their entire history.
24.gif

At least spell his name right....
Seriously, spell his name right?? That's the best you've got? I'll say again, the guy loses minimum 3 games a year, with the exception of the anomaly that was the Jameis Winston year. Les Miles was fired for losing 2 games a year. We don't need Jimbo.You can keep him, Nole. With any luck, you might compete for your conference every few years.

Seriously, spell his name right?? That's the best you've got? I'll say again, the guy loses minimum 3 games a year, with the exception of the anomaly that was the Jameis Winston year. Les Miles was fired for losing 2 games a year. We don't need Jimbo.You can keep him, Nole. With any luck, you might compete for your conference every few years.

We will be competing for (and winning) national titles for years to come. Our QB will likely win the Heisman.

If Fisher isn't any good, why did LSU practically beg him to leave FSU for LSU? You all are almost as delusional as your UF bretheren. At least you do seem to allow opposing viewpoints, unlike the moderators on Gatorbait .

We will be competing for (and winning) national titles for years to come. Our QB will likely win the Heisman.

If Fisher isn't any good, why did LSU practically beg him to leave FSU for LSU? You all are almost as delusional as your UF bretheren. At least you do seem to allow opposing viewpoints, unlike the moderators on Gatorbait .
You'll be competing for and winning national titles for years to come??? You've done in once with Jimbo. Once.

Orgeron did better against Obama in a make shift season than Fisher poised ready for a national title run. This love affair with Fisher is comical. Fisher is only marginally better than Les Miles at anything running a major football program. This love affair with Fisher is also WHY TAF had Alexa go all in for Fisher , and not put together a bonafied coaching search, and hire.

That said, LSU could have not possibly made a better hire than Ed Orgeron.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT