ADVERTISEMENT

LSU vs WISCONSIN (Wiskey - nickname) 2014 / a review

Tigris Panthera

2nd Team All-America
Sep 6, 2010
Run heavy game that will most likely be low scoring.

Wisky has the top RB in the country IMO in Melvin Gordon. He would have been the top RB taken in the draft that just happened, and will be a top 2 RB taken in the upcoming draft, along with Gurley, most likely in the 1st round.

Gordon is in the mold of a Jamaal Charles type of RB. Hes 6'1 207lbs. So hes not a big, powerful RB that we are used to seeing in the SEC. But, hes very strong for his size and runs low and behind his pads really well. He can break tackles. But his best assets are his vision, balance, agility and his acceleration. He has great vision and can pick out the smallest seam, and once he sees it, he hits it at top speed due to his great acceleration. And you really need to hit and wrap him up to take his down. Trying to reach and grab him wont work and he will stay up and keep going forward due to his balance. And once he gets in the open field, hes a nightmare to bring down. He makes people miss with ease and once he gets to the corner, hes gone.

Hes the type of RB that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field, but hes not just a homerun threat. He can grind it out and pick up 4yards on carries where he should have been tackled at the LOS or for a loss. He can do the grind it out / run between the tackle type of running as well.

They are also high on sophomore RB Corey Clement. And they always have a sound OL that is mistake free and well coached.

I think Melvin Gordon will break off a coupe of outstanding runs. He will get his, hes that good. But I also see us stopping him a few times as well. And also think we shut down any type of passing attack that they have. We are going to need to match them on the ground, which I think we will with a nice combination of Magee and LF.

LSU wins 24-17.

from Tiger Rant

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT