ADVERTISEMENT

Not sure about this rule because it doesn't make sense

pokertiger

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2003
When Rice was playing Lsu ,Rice got to be the home team in the final 2 games.It made sense that the team coming out of the loser bracket gets to be home first(Just like the Oklahoma-Auburn softball series), but once
the loser team has won,the other team should get home field in the rubber game(just like Oklahoma did)(and Lsu did not)- hasn't Lsu earned that right by(a) being chosen as a host,and (b) by winning the first 2 games.
Some rules don't make sense like giving Rice homefield 2 games in a row while coming out of the losers bracket.

Reactions: bayoutiger9
When Rice was playing Lsu ,Rice got to be the home team in the final 2 games.It made sense that the team coming out of the loser bracket gets to be home first(Just like the Oklahoma-Auburn softball series), but once
the loser team has won,the other team should get home field in the rubber game(just like Oklahoma did)(and Lsu did not)- hasn't Lsu earned that right by(a) being chosen as a host,and (b) by winning the first 2 games.
Some rules don't make sense like giving Rice homefield 2 games in a row while coming out of the losers bracket.

I may be wrong, but I believe the 1 and two seeds are only guaranteed to be home the first game. After that, the team that's been the home team least is home team.

I noticed the sequence of events you spoke of and the same question was raised in my mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT