ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting MVPs

cottonport

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2003
Looking back on the 2015 class I have a few thoughts on 3 of LSU's top recruiters .

Jeff Grimes ... I was one questioning his recruiting ability early on . He came with a rep as an ACE recruiter. IMO he lived up to his billing and then
some. Luring last minute OL Weathersby and Okeke was a coup for Grimes. Everyone thought that Weathersby was lost to the Razorbacks.
Word is that his greatest recruiting job in 2015 was recruiting Alexander and Hawkins to remain in school. If that's do then Grimes deserves an
MVP award for recruiting.

Cory Raymond ...what can you say about our ACE recruiter . OOS , in state recruits and parents love Cory. His energy and enthusiasm for recruiting
Is unmatched. He's largely responsible for bringing in the top DB class in the nation. After Wilson he's our MVP recruiter. The good thing is that
Raymond doesn't restrict himself to DBs only.

Frank Wilson ...I always under appreciated Wilson because I thought that he was strictly a New Orleans/ S. Louisiana area recruiter. Nothing could be
Farther from the truth. Frank spreads. out everywhere in the US to solidify commitments . His speciality is wrapping them up and keeping them warpe
up throughout the last weeks / days when the vultures are swooping in trying to flip recruits away from LSU. Can I give out 2 MVP awards at once to
Wilson?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News