ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING RIVALS TAKE: ATH Tae Provens

Chad Simmons

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2017
I have seen Tae Provens two times live the last 18 months and I have watched his tape and been out to visit him at his school three times.

He is a very good kid. Let start with that. He cares about his academics, he is a leader and he works hard on and off the field.

l7ewvz7x2ebzyu3fusrn

As a prospect, here are my thoughts.

STRENGTHS
  • Versatility
  • Quickness
  • Ball skills
  • Body control
  • Vision

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
  • Strength
  • Top-end speed
  • Power

RIVALS TAKE

Provens can do A LOT on the football field. He is great with the ball in his hands and he is an instinctive player. He is great in space, he makes quick, decisive cuts and he has a nice burst. He is more of a slasher and he needs to add more power to his game and that could come in time as he hits the weight room on the next level. He is best in space and on the perimeter, so he needs to improve on running between the tackles. Not only is he versatile in the backfield, but he has an outstanding receiver too. Some schools even liked him as a defensive back. He can slide out to the slot, he can be a real weapon at multiple spots for the Tigers. His speed is good, but his top-end/break away speed can still improve. He has a great feel for the game overall. He plays under control, he has great vision and he is strong in multiple areas as an offensive performer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News