ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL We just became.....

LSUPAWZZ

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2002
Arkansas!!

Text from my buddy this morning, "I never thought you guys would go full Houston Dale Nutt."

At first I dismissed it, but the more I think about it, the more It is true. Arkansas' fan base was so divisive that they were flying banner over games and taking out full ads in the paper in support of keeping and firing HDN. I remember being an LSU fan in Little Rock watch all that go down and thinking, "I am sure glad that is not LSU."

Well, fast forward 10 years and here we are. This is the epitome of a "no win situation" and here is why:

1. The fan base will be divided and it will hurt recruiting even more and coaches won't want to come the LSU.

2. If Miles wins next year, he will get a long term extension and we will have this same situation as he begins to meddle,(or neuter as Mike says) with the offense.

3. He doesn't change anything and loses big next year and all the good coaches are taken. Although, I still believe LSU is one of the best jobs in the country, it will be hard because all the vacancies are THIS year.

I hate this for LSU, Miles, the fans and every other person, entity or creature involved. Nobody will win when all the dust settles. There is a piece of me that was ready to move on but then there was a part of me that just couldn't deal with treating Miles this way.

Regardless, the next 364 days will be very interesting. As an LSU graduate, TAF member, donor and more importantly a fan, I think MY university has a lot of egg on its face regardless of what side of the fence you sit on.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News