ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL What needs Fixing

SDT2008

Hall Of Fame
Dec 4, 2007
while fans like myself crave the Recruitng process because we know how critical it is to any program I think we need to look at the bigger picture. Some struggle with that but here is my take on it that was discussed with a person that has influence with the program. When I was asked what were my thoughts from the outside looking in this was my answer.

"Managing a Top Tier College Football a Team is a huge business. Huge. It's one that requires many skill sets and not just the head coach will have all the skills required. Therefore, the program will require a strong personnel department and management to manage the roster that is extremely complex. That department will be the group that tells the staff what positions to put the most effort into and where the most scouting for talent must be allocated. From that point the staff takes the info which condenses their efforts and makes them more efficient in recruiting.

Then, we must come to an evaluation process and determine what schemes best match up with the teams we must beat to get to Atlanta. And that would be beating Bama and my answer revolved around our team needing to be a threat on offense running or throwing the ball Equally. I went on to say I don't think we currently have the offensive staff that can do that and we have not recruited the QB position capable of doing that.

I concluded the 15 min talk saying our Defense won't keep LSU from winning a NC. Up until last year our special teams were good. Coach Aranda, O, and our DB coach are Chamoion coaches. Our offense is the huge need.

As I usually do. I summarized. So. 1. Personnel evaluation and roster management. 2. A better diverse offense and we are playing for titles again".

From my perspective this is what we need to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News