ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Where we fell short

SDT2008

Hall Of Fame
Dec 4, 2007
First let me say I expected us to fall short. With the coaching change and a staff that I don't think will be the staff moving forward it exceeded my expectations. But where we fell short is below.
1. A Leatherwood type of OT
2. Miss of Akers
3. Miss of Wilson.

Where we exceeded my expectations.
1. QB
2. DB's
3. LB's

I hope Orgeron makes some staff changes that get us where we need to be. We were inches from getting Akers and Wilson you would think with some time and staff changes we will be better in 2018.

First let me say I expected us to fall short. With the coaching change and a staff that I don't think will be the staff moving forward it exceeded my expectations. But where we fell short is below.
1. A Leatherwood type of OT
2. Miss of Akers
3. Miss of Wilson.

Where we exceeded my expectations.
1. QB
2. DB's
3. LB's

I hope Orgeron makes some staff changes that get us where we need to be. We were inches from getting Akers and Wilson you would think with some time and staff changes we will be better in 2018.
All very true . The Wilson miss was a gut punch , no doubt

Regarding staff changes : at first glance this staff appears to be strong recruiters across the board .
While there is fewer non recruiters in this group there are a number of unproven recruiters .

How good will Joseph be ? He's never recruited for a power 5 team like LSU.

Robinson had one great year recruiting but Longhorn followers all believe that he was not a good recruiter.
In a year where we are desperate for 2 quality RBs we'll son fond out about Robinson's recruiting

Canada . Will he land a top tier QB in 2018 ? When he begins reading in the 4-5* QBs then we can say that he a top recruiter

Ensminger . Never known as a great recruiter . Was always seen as the weakest recruiter on past staffs .
Did much better in 2017

Grimes . Not as bad as many think. However he has an awful lot of misses and few OTs to show for his effort

Entire defensive staff is strong . Early 2018 commitments show that .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT