ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING A few recruiting notes…

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
A few things that I’ve heard since this weekend…

- Five-star WR Shelton Sampson made it to LSU’s campus late over the weekend and got to spend some time with Dante Moore, which was big for LSU to get those two together, along with Carnell Tate.

- Miami WR Jalen Brown did not make it in this weekend because his flight got cancelled. We’ll see if LSU can get that rescheduled.

- The new staff has been recruiting their tails off since getting the job and over the weekend it feels like they’ve made big moves and impressions on a handful of players: RB Trey Holly, RB Parker Jenkins, TE Jackson Carver, CB Daylen Austin (who visited Thursday/Friday morning), TE/DL Jaxon Howard, CB Christian Gray and LB Jaiden Ausberry. That’s just a few of the 2023 guys I’ve heard positive reviews from either them or a source.

- I’ve had a FutureCast in on Trey Holly for a while now and it’ll be staying put on LSU for the four-star back.

- Next commitments? This is purely a guess but these are the safest bets in my opinion: Trey Holly, Whit Weeks (who was at spring game), Cole Dellinger, Brycen Sanders, Christian Gray (still a battle for him though) and Jackson Carver.

- As I mentioned last week, I’m starting to slowly pull back on recruiting and posting as my maternity leave is about to start. I might drop notes here or there before I have baby if I come across news but it won’t be daily.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News