ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING A few recruiting tidbits following LSU's camp

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
A few things I picked up this weekend while at the LSU camp...

-- Joel Rogers is announcing his college decision this afternoon and I'm confident in my FutureCast on LSU.

-- The offer from LSU to Kylan Billiot was major. They've kept tabs on him for a year now and his body and game and continued to develop in that time and Cortez Hankton was impressed with his work on campus this week to extend the offer. I immediately put in a FC on him to the Tigers and I think that could happen sooner rather than later.

-- Yes, Tayvion Galloway backed off his pledge Sunday night following his multi-day visit. But looking forward to this weekend and LSU is hosting JUCO TE Connor Gilbreath on an OV.

-- I currently have a FC in on Holy Cross WR Koby Young to LSU but all signs point to that not happening (or at least not right now). Young has not visited as much as others in-state and he hasn't camped. He's coming off a visit to Georgia Tech and there's some confidence in that program that they could reel him, AND John Curtis ATH Michael Turner Jr., in this class. For now, I'm moving my FC off of LSU on Young.

-- One more thing on WRs in the 2024 class: currently the Tigers have JoJo Stone committed and look to be quickly trending for Billiot, they just unofficially hosted Dre'lon Miller Friday then Saturday he participated in the 7on7 and looked good. He has set his commitment day for later this month and still has a visit to USC set up before then. From sources I've spoken to on him, it sounds to close to call. LSU is in the mix along with USC and Texas A&M. Hankton has known Miller's dad since their college days so that benefits LSU but regardless of what he announces on June 29, his recruitment will still be active from school's until he signs. I do think LSU needs to land a wideout like Miller or Cam Coleman, who's taking his OV later this month, to pair with Stone, potentially Billiot then maybe Jelani Watkins or whoever else might pop between now and December.

-- Lastly, I have a story coming from LSU OL commit Khayree Lee, who looked impressive at the OL/DL camp this weekend, and he talked about recruiting his teammate, four-star DB Wardell Mack, daily to join him. Many believe Mack ultimately ends up at LSU, however, over the weekend I've also heard that Florida State and Florida are pushing hard for him and are making it known how many safeties LSU already has in this class. Plenty of schools see Mack as a safety at the next level, though, he has the ability to play anywhere in the secondary. LSU will continue to push for him and make it known that he could be a CB or S with the Tigers. I'm not moving his FC off of LSU but just something I wanted to share on him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News