ADVERTISEMENT

Cigars, dive bars and open mics--a round table board discussion

Jimmy Detail

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2018
Instead of having a structured chat designed for me to answer all the questions, lets have a running discussion/chat today and see where it takes us. Everyone chime in with your opinions. I will be there to answer any and all as well. Let 'er rip and don't hold back. Except for you @YourFavoriteWhiteboy , I need you to hold back with all of your might.

I'll start by listing a few questions I have seen asked in recent days. They are good topics for everyone to discuss.

What 2020 prospect do you think is the most underrated?

For me, BJ Ojulari is still underrated. He is currently No. 145 in the Rivals 150, and he may get a bump in the next update, but he is a top 50 caliber player for me. He has grown man strength that will only increase once on a college campus, creates a lot of drive when coming off the edge, has the ability to dip and flatten out on his way to the QB, sets the edge extremely well and uncoils his hips with great force and explosiveness. That is a great combination to have for an edge player.

Will Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Jacob Phillips be strong contenders to become early entries in the NFL Draft?

CEH will have one of the toughest decisions to make. He is such a loyal LSU kid that it will be hard for him to leave early, but his stock may not be able to get any higher than it is now. If he decides to stay, then he is following his heart. If he decides to leave, he is following his brain.

Phillips has been stellar in run support, although he has a few gap issues during the season, but he still has some areas of his game that could improve--most notable his drops and ability in coverage. He is athletic enough to be a bit better than he has been this year, and with the prolific passing games scattered across the NFL, it may be wise to return more equipped in an effort to round out his game for pro scouts.

With Jalen Lee and Alec Bryant no longer committed, will LSU have enough defensive line juice in this recruiting class?

I am a huge Jaquelin Roy fan and adding Jacobian Guillory adds to what has been a really good 1-2 punch with Shelvin and Ika. They also like Eric Taylor and are doing what they can to keep him in the class as well.

They recently sent some coaches to further evaluate JUCO product Ali Gaye and the report came back that he was a take, so that is a positive sign that he could be a force. The current haul is solid, but it could use a bit more juice. Adding Jordan Burch would give you every piece one could ask for. Missing Burch and possibly adding a McKinnley Jackson gives you a really strong group, but it would not feel quite the same as having Burch in the class.

Is there anything more overrated than freakin' potato salad?

If it's not in my gumbo, it belongs in the trash.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News