ADVERTISEMENT

Elias Ricks

MFarrell

Jan 2, 2001
Okay all here’s what’s going on. Elias has not jumped in the portal this weekend which is very good news for LSU because that was his intention. He told coach O he was jumping in this weekend despite the objections of his family (mom mainly). His intention, if he does jump, is indeed to go to Ohio State but the longer this goes the better it is for LSU.

His intention to jump has been confirmed by six different sources, all very good ones, but this delay is important. Why would he leave? Best guesses are that he wants a chance to get to the playoff, Ohio State was always a school he loved and he almost flipped late in the process and he’s overshadowed a bit by Stingley Jr. and wants to be DB1. I know some of this won’t be believed but it is 100% fact and vetting through so many people.

He had a great freshman season and personally I think leaving is crazy but welcome to the new world. I like Elias a lot and obviously LSU is a good fit but kids are kids. He has denied to me all of the rumors but there is just way too much evidence and confirmed info that all of this is happening. He’s currently recovering from shoulder surgery and has enrolled in classes so like I said, the longer this goes the better. Now that he hasn’t jumped in this weekend as expected I feel better about him staying at LSU.

As for Arik Gilbert, he wants back to LSU and could re-enroll anytime but I’ve been told that his issue has nothing to do with football (or homesickness) and until he clears it up he can’t come back. I have no idea what it is but I’ve heard a billion things and won’t speculate because I just don’t know what to believe. But I do know he would be welcomed back with a list of stipulations.

The new world of the transfer portal is gonna be crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News