ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING First recruiting notebook Back in Action!

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
I'm back!

We'll have more on the upcoming weekend throughout the week as we see who shows, who doesn't and how things ultimately unfold but I also wanted to drop a little notebook my first few days back. I've quietly been working behind the scenes the last few days and placing calls, texts, etc. Additionally, I'm working on several content pieces for the next week and a half, including a couple of feature stories on players, as camp kicks off on August 4.

Let's get to it...

AYDEN WILLIAMS

LSU was sort of late jumping on the four-star Mississippi wide receiver and didn't offer him until late March, but honestly, it seems many programs were late to the party on Williams, or perhaps he bloomed late in his process because he's one of the biggest risers in all recruiting rankings. He jumped 82 spots to No. 158 nationally for Rivals. As of now, Williams seems to be down to Ole Miss, LSU, South Carolina and Tennessee with many believing the Rebels and Tigers are the two to beat. A source tells me that Williams, who visited Baton Rouge in April, has had some good conversations recently with LSU staffers and they're hoping he visits again soon. But from all indications, it sounds like Cortez Hankton, Carter Sheridan and Jordan Arcement are really liking what they've seen from Williams.

He has already taken an official visit to South Carolina and has one scheduled to Tennessee during the season.

LSU is also still recruiting Khai Prean and monitoring Omarion Miller and Harvey Broussard. Before you ask, I do think they would take both Prean and Williams if both want in. Let's remember, there's some flexibility in the recruiting class as Brian Kelly & Co. can sign as many players as they want just as long as they don't go over the 85-man scholarship limit.

TYREE ADAMS

The four-star tackle from St. Aug will be visiting three schools this week: LSU on Thursday, July 28, followed by Ole Miss and Florida. He told Rivals' Adam Gorney that those three are starting to stick out, but it also seems he wants to schedule an official to Georgia during the season. He has spoken to UGA center Sedrick Van Pran, who is also from New Orleans. I originally thought Adams would make a decision before the season, and he still could especially after his visits this week, but it sounds as though he could wait longer to experience some game day atmospheres. I have my FutureCast on Adams still to LSU and it feels like he's one of the "can't miss" in-state prospects, along with Lance Heard. LSU has a really good relationship with St. Aug in general but it certainly helps with Frank Wilson, Cortez Hankton and Carter Sheridan on staff -- all alums of the Purple Knights.

MARQUEZ MACHO STEVENSON

Texas Tech corner commitment Marquez "Macho" Stevenson is on his way to LSU right now, he tells me.

He has been communicating with Cortez Hankson and Sherman Wilson recently. I'm not sure if an offer is imminent, but he's definitely on LSU's radar that they wanted him to visit and could be one to watch this fall.

Stevenson is a dual-sport athlete as he currently holds a track offer from LSU. The All-American speedster runs a 10.5 100-meter dash, 20.9 200 meter and 46.85 400.

He plays both receiver and defensive back for Captain Shreve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News