ADVERTISEMENT

First trip to LSU

Jun 1, 2001
Hey everyone. I'm a mountaineer fan living in southern California and every fall I take in a road game when WVU has their September BYE. I've been to Michigan (who knew 113K could be so quiet?) Bama (hot dogs and nachos were the ONLY food in the upper deck other than snacks like m&m's, etc--that was a bummer) in recent years. Both were good times though. I didn't make it to Baton Rouge a few years ago when WVU played the tigers but my friends raved about how awesome it was. Anyway, I know LSU tailgating is pretty legendary and I was wondering if anyone could provide any info on any tailgates/locations that welcome random folks like myself for $. Any additional suggestions would be welcomed too. I'm going to be staying in New Orleans and driving up for the MSU game Sept 17. Really looking forward to the season and this game in particular. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Don't drive up; rent a limo or something and let someone else drive. My group charters a bus for the home games it leaves from Kenner may have room I'll check. Big time tailgaters everywhere most , if not all, would be more than happy to invite you in; I'm sure the guys on this site can point you in the right direction. A suburb outside New Orleans. We've had some visitors take a cab to the bus and ride to the games with us. Had a grp of Australians last year.

Reactions: Dabogeyman
That could be a fun option. How much do you charge per person? There will be 2 of us. What time would the bus leave for a 6 o'clock kickoff?

Reactions: trafter
Hey everyone. I'm a mountaineer fan living in southern California and every fall I take in a road game when WVU has their September BYE. I've been to Michigan (who knew 113K could be so quiet?) Bama (hot dogs and nachos were the ONLY food in the upper deck other than snacks like m&m's, etc--that was a bummer) in recent years. Both were good times though. I didn't make it to Baton Rouge a few years ago when WVU played the tigers but my friends raved about how awesome it was. Anyway, I know LSU tailgating is pretty legendary and I was wondering if anyone could provide any info on any tailgates/locations that welcome random folks like myself for $. Any additional suggestions would be welcomed too. I'm going to be staying in New Orleans and driving up for the MSU game Sept 17. Really looking forward to the season and this game in particular. Thanks for reading!
I've sat through 3 Michigan games and you are right about the lack of excitement. My 6 year old is louder. Enjoy and don't be shy, if you don't know what it is try it, it will be good.

Reactions: Dabogeyman
The real 'LSU Death Valley' and the real 'UF SWAMP' are both places of 'shock & awe' imoho. IF you go to either place, I'd suggest some cheap foam ear plugs if you don't want your ears to ring for 2-3 days after the game. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT