ADVERTISEMENT

Garbage CFB Play-offs this year

Once and Future King

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2019
What a way to end it. After managing to dodge controversy for most of the 4-team because things just worked out in the end, we have not only the weakest, least interesting field we've ever had, but we've seen blatant snubs of more deserving teams in favor for the usual horse-shoe-up-his-ass Saban.

10 days ago Bama needed an absolute miracle 4th and 31 to beat 6-6 Auburn. They probably should have lost a couple more games this season besides. It is an absolute travesty to see them going ahead of an undefeated FSU team, though ironically if they had included FSU the field of four would have been even weaker than it is, and it's the weakest I can remember.

Has their ever been a more uninspiring #1 than this year's Michigan? It wouldn't surprise me at all of Bama didn't pull it out and prove the committee 'correct' for including them.

Washington is undefeated. Great. Guess what? Their defense is ranked something like 96th in the nation right now and their offense has looked less inspiring every week while Texas finished strong, though admittedly in an equally weak conference.

Seriously, this year's Bama, Texas, Michigan and Washington teams might collectively be the weakest champions of their conference in the last 10 years, maybe in the last 20. Georgia, Ohio State, Florida State and any name you could draw from a hat would be every bit as interesting/uninteresting.

I never really had a problem with the four-team play-off but this year REALLY showed why we need to go to a 12-team format.

Reactions: RebelBengal
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News