ADVERTISEMENT

Here's what I have

AndrewLSU

1st Team All-America
Jun 21, 2001
Baton Rouge
I'll get right to it, direct from my guy.

-First and foremost, nothing is decided at this point, regarding Cam. Les, in the immediate aftermath of the TAMU game, was resigned to the fact he had no chance at bringing Cam back. Since then, as I mentioned in my last post, Les has slowly garnered a lot more power over Alleva, in the sense that Alleva tried and failed to dispense with Les. Now, Les is pushing HARD to bring Cam back, and things are flowing in that direction, but are by NO means a sure thing. I can also tell you, with 100% certainty, that Les has a young, stud OC ready to jump on board at a moment's notice. Alleva himself has even spoken to his agent, to verify his interest. It's there, it's real, and his name will have QB recruits begging to come on board. But the concern within the building is if the BOS refuses to extend Cam, and Les brings this guy on, will Les really give him free reign? This is what is frustrating to everyone of importance in the AD building.

-Now, for Coach O and Coach Frank. We just had an unprecedented number of D1 openings, and not only did neither get one, neither even got an interview. This was alarming to both, to say the least, and has them thinking their path to being a HC is not here. Hence O's stated interest in Syracuse, and now his legitimate interest in the USC Defensive Coordinator job. And I can tell you without any hesitation, that Frank was/is genuinely devastated Tulane didn't even give him a sniff. For now, he's continuing on being the good soldier for Les, but trust me when I say he and O are reevaluating what their next step is.

All for now fellas. I'll continue to share what I can when I can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News