ADVERTISEMENT

Let's discuss positives moving forward

jandk

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
1. QB- One of the biggest debates on the board, I'm assuming all come back for spring battles, let the best man win. If JD ever trust himself, he's going to be lethal. If JD leaves, growing pains for sure, but we have potential
2. RB- If Rudy can get a movie, why not Josh Williams, his story is fantastic. Anyway, not sure who's coming back, got two good kids coming in, and I'm betting the portal will get us another one. We need better production and better luck with health. AG has had horrible luck
3. TE- Despite very little depth, position played very well this year. Depth is coming, future is bright
4. WR- This position will probably generate a lot of debate, talent is there, need 17 to stay healthy. Very good incoming class. Going to lose number 7, hope he has great NFL career
5. Oline- Loved that we had two freshmen start and do well, but it appears EJ should be interior. Still early as its hard being a true freshman going against the SEC elite talent. In a perfect world we get some help in portal and groom our great incoming class for a year. Also props to Charles Turner, beginning of the year most were talking 72 would take his spot. Didn't happen and I thought CT played very well
6. Dline- Need Mason to stay healthy, and hope Roy comes back. Would love to hit another portal homerun like Wingo, need interior depth big time. Going to lose our ends, I say Savion will easily replace Gaye, but its going to sting losing BJ. Good recruits coming in, probably need to hit on a DE in the portal
7. LB- Perkins has been everything you would hope in a 5 star, Tolan has shown glimpses of brilliance. But we need a lot more depth here. One of the biggest positions of need we rarely talk about on here
8. DB's- Easily the biggest need in the portal and we really need to hit on those CB 5 stars we're in the running for. Hopefully keep the Cali kid committed, but Cali has burned us so many times. We have a very good safety class coming in, so that future looks bright

Everyone's favorite, the coaches
BK- great year considering what he took over
Denbrock- I really wish we went more modern, but until we get depth, I can wait to judge another year.
Frank- He's an OG Goat, but we need better RB production, but injuries have hurt this unit, he has proven track record, so he gets the benefit here.
Cortez- Not sure what entire issue was with WR's this season, but if anything can he get them to quick dropping so many passes. Whatever it takes
Brad- He's been here a couple of years now, it's obvious he took over a weak position group. He has very good class coming in but time to get everyone up to speed
Cain- Losing Smith right off the bat hurt this unit. Cain needs to work that magic and bring in some big-time talent, can't complain about the Dline with so little depth
Cooks and Steeples- To me the biggest and most underrated job on this staff. What they did with the secondary is extremely impressive. Going to need to hit the portal hard again, but if they can reel in those big time CB's, sky is the limit
Matt House- My opinion will differ from many, but I thought he did a great job considering what he was working with. Very little depth and not the talent level LSU is used too. Simple question, compare this defense to the 19 season, who on here starts for that defense. Perkins would make a great argument, after that no one. I know some will say BJ, but he's going against Chaisson in this discussion. Similar players I get that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News