LSU FOOTBALL LSU coaching search: Recap Chat

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
Hey y’all,

We’re a month into Scott Woodward’s coaching search and not a whole lot is known still on which way this thing may or may not go in a few weeks, and that’s all thanks to the experienced AD working quietly behind the scenes without information leaking out.

Obviously, we know a few of the names he’s interested in and even a few coaches who might be interested in LSU but the nitty gritty of the deals and conversations have not leaked, and I don’t anticipate that sort of stuff leaking until a decision is nearly complete.

Anyway, Jimmy and I wanted to open up a chat for Wednesday and just have an open discussion about all of it throughout the day Wednesday.

Jimbo, Lincoln Riley, Mel Tucker, Billy Napier, Matt Campbell, Lane Kiffin, James Franklin, Mario Cristobal, Matt Rhule, Dave Aranda are the names that have mostly been mentioned on our board or may be new to the discussion like Campbell so fire away whatever questions you may have. We will hop on Wednesday for the open discussion.

I will preface this by saying Woodward is still doing his due diligence and researching. We all assume a hire will be made and named soon after the A&M game but I also believe if one of his big fish are in the playoffs (or perhaps in the NFL with a name not mentioned) then a hire may not be made right away, which would make retaining some staffers extremely important for the recruiting class.

See y’all in the chat/discussion all day Wednesday!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News