ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL LSU falls big to Kentucky: 3 positives, 3 negatives

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
Alright, I wanted to get this out the way tonight.

What we watched tonight was embarrassing and Ed Orgeron knows it, and so does Scott Woodward, who was at the game. I'm not sure when it will happen and whether Woodward makes an in-season move, but unless LSU wins out then Orgeron's days as the head coach are numbered. LSU went 5-5 last season and now 3-3 to start this year with a gauntlet schedule coming over the next month. We all know Woodward loves the big splash hire, but will he make the move in-season is a question I'm not sure about. We'll monitor and when/if we hear anything, so will y'all.

Now, onto 3 + 3 and it wasn't pretty.

THREE POSITIVES
1. Ty Davis-Price rushed for 147 yards and two touchdowns, his best game as a Tiger. Good for him coming through when there's been so much criticism of him and the rushing attack all together.
2. I liked what I saw from Malik Nabers too. He didn't get many chances, but made the most of them. Finished with 3 catches for 66 yards and that wild TD grab. If there's any real positives to this season is these freshmen are getting real game time action like the freshman WRs.
3. LSU didn't give up. They were still fighting toward the end.

THREE NEGATIVES
1. Kayshon Boutte & Ali Gaye both injured. Boutte was carted off and taken back for an X-ray. Per the LSU radio, Ali Gaye was having his Achilles tendon being looked at. That's two important pieces on this team, two play-makers and leaders.
2. The defense, mostly the DL & LBs, allowing Kentucky to run up 330 yards on them. For a team with a stout DL like LSU has, that's unacceptable and Ed Orgeron wasn't too happy with those numbers. The DL especially was supposed to be the strongest unit of this team and that hasn't been the case.
3. Kentucky controlled the game from start to finish and were physically more imposing than LSU. The Wildcats hit big play after big play, wide open TD after wide open TD. Nothing from LSU looked good tonight other than TDP running the ball but even that didn't look that good because Kentucky opened up such a big lead. Kentucky pushed LSU around like a big brother does to a little brother. If Kentucky is able to do whatever it wants to LSU, what's it gonna look like against Florida, Ole Miss, Alabama, Arkansas and Texas A&M, who just defeated No. 1 Bama? The only game I'll be picking LSU to win from here on out (unless something changes) is ULM.

Drop y'all 3+3 below...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News