ADVERTISEMENT

Mike/Bryan? Junior College QBs?

TDLSU

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2005
Hammond, Louisiana
Mike/Bryan are there any JC QBs out there who have solid potential? Would love to see some sort of list. Do you think a scholly or two "might" be used to get more scholarship QBs on the roster next year?

For the life of me, can't see why there is nothing stirring on this. Not saying a JC qb could beat out BH/AJ,.. but, at the very least they would provide competition and a safety blanket for injuries.

I have more faith than most that both our QBs will improve and I like the potential of BH,.. but, from passionately watching LSU since late 1950's, I've seen QB issues hamper our Tigers too many seasons. Charlie Mac had great teams when Pat Screen/Nelson Stokley/Butch Duhe went down. The backups really limited those teams w/l record. To state what many have said before, our QB play has hurt us many times under Coach Mile's tenure, limiting the possibility of winning several nattys.

If it were my call ( I know who cares what I'd think) I'd go overboard and use 1-3 schollys on JC QBs this year, just to up the percentage that the position was, at least, a little more solid. As much as I'd love those 1-3 spots to go to great talent at other positions, we don't seem to have any problems filling them. We have strong need at only one position... would I feel better on signing day, that instead of Cece/Malik/Lodge, 3 JC qbs took their place???? Hell no!

I used those three superstars for shock value. Because we might be better off the next two seasons, if we could land at least one talented JC qb. Are there any out there who could win the job and be productive?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News