ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL My take on LSU's win over Alabama

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
No 3 & 3 tonight because I want to give credit when credit is due -- this is a different team who has the fight and talent to go toe to toe with any other in the country. I would have loved to see THIS version of LSU face Tennessee.

A few thoughts...

-- Harold Perkins is a difference maker. When he went out with cramps, Alabama moved the ball and scored. Perkins is a first-rounder already.

-- But Perkins isn't the only freshman showing out. Big shoutout to Will Campbell and Emery Jones. They weren't perfect but have done incredibly well for their age and lack of experience. Kelly said, "They have a mental toughness that's unusual for their age and lack of experience."

-- And how about Mason Taylor with the game winner? He was extremely emotional after the game and spent quite a bit of time with his family, looked to be crying and hugging his mom.

-- Then there's Mike Denbrock and Matt House and they adjustments that they've made and continue to make. Kelly & this group of coaches, and their recruiting staff too, is a special bunch all together. It feels like we're in the beginning stages of a fun run ahead in Baton Rouge for years to come.

-- Jayden HIM Daniels. He's got everyone's attention now and he and the Tigers won't be sneaking up on anyone the rest of the way. I bet he also has the attention of NFL scouts too.

-- Last thing I wanted to mention to wrap up the night: in Brian Kelly's first year at LSU, he beats Saban and Bama in the fashion that they did, it's setting LSU up for years to come from recruiting to trust being built to just everything. To see the transformation of this team happen before our eyes is incredible and I could see Kelly getting some nods for Coach of the Year. But before we get to end of the year trophies, LSU has a few games left and the Tigers control their own destiny. The road to the SEC Championship looks like this: at Arkansas (5-4) ... UAB (4-5) ... at Texas A&M (3-6).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News