ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING NSD Eve ... here's the latest

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
LSU inked 13 high schoolers in December, added 12 players out of the transfer portal and here's the names we're monitoring going into National Signing Day tomorrow...

Five-star safety Jacoby Mathews
Four-star linebacker Harold Perkins
Four-star running back TreVonte Citizen
Three-star tight end Danny Lewis
Three-star wide receiver Caleb Douglas
Texas cornerback Jaelyn Davis-Robinson

I have FutureCasts in on TreVonte Citizen, Danny Lewis, Caleb Douglas and Jaelyn Davis-Robinson to LSU -- for now.

-- If things continue as they are this morning, I'll be putting in a FC on Jacoby Mathews to LSU later today despite Florida and Texas A&M continuing to make a push. Mathews is the No. 1 player in Louisiana and LSU doesn't often miss on those plus he has a lot of connections and ties to players on the roster and staffers.
-- I'll likely never put in a FC on Harold Perkins simply because his recruitment has been all over but our sources believe things went really well this weekend for he and his family. I just don't know with the uncertainty around him to put in a FC as it still seems like a Florida-LSU battle, but right now I'd go with the Tigers if I was forced to pick.
-- I am not confident in that TreVonte Citizen FC as of right now. There's too much confidence coming from the Auburn side to allow me to believe my FC just yet. We're hoping to hear more on him later today.
-- Caleb Douglas could also go either way: LSU or Florida. There's confidence on both sides for this one too and I decided to go with my sources and put in a FC yesterday. Some believe LSU made up a lot of ground on his official visit this past weekend, plus the proximity to home for he and his family. I do think of the six names we're watching that this is the one that would be okay if LSU didn't land. Of course they want him, but they still have some depth in the WR room with Kayshon Boutte, Kyren Lacy, Jaray Jenkins, Deion Smith back, Malik Nabers, Jack Bech, Chris Hilton Jr. and Brian Thomas Jr.
-- Some 2022 LSU recruits believe that the Tigers land Danny Lewis (some on the Alabama side think they get him) and Caleb Douglas, but take that with a grain of salt because can't go off just that alone. I do think the Tigers pull this one off too because of Lewis' closeness to current players, connection to Mike Denbrock and the need for TE.
-- A lot of this will be clearer as we go throughout the day and talk to a few additional sources. Some may not become clearer until tomorrow morning, like Perkins and Citizen. But I'll definitely keep y'all posted on what we hear as we get closer because a lot of this feels like similar information as yesterday.
-- No matter what -- LSU has seven scholarships remaining after the 13 high schoolers and 12 portal players so the Tigers will have a few additional schollies to play with following the spring semester once they've re-evaluated things and more names enter portal. I also think how they want to use these final schollies may be determined on which of these guys they land tomorrow.

Drop any other questions ya'll might have in the comments and I'll do my best to get to them all today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News