ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Observations from the entire 2 hour spring practice | Day 5

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
A few additional things I wanted to mention...

-- Myles Brennan looked the part of the starting QB today. He looks cool, calm and comfortable. Only time will tell if that's the case, but a few other reporters I spoke to today also thought the same.
-- I didn't see anything today from Jayden Daniels that wowed me if I'm being honest. Obviously, he took off and ran more than the others and maybe he just needs more time getting acclimated and building chemistry with WRs. And of all the QBs, Garrett Nussmeier throws the best ball down the field. It's just pretty.
-- I liked what I saw from WRs Kyren Lacy, Malik Nabers, BTJ and Chris Hilton Jr. today. Once Kayshon Boutte is healthy and with a veteran like Jaray Jenkins, this team has a lot of options and that's without mentioning Jack Bech in the mix.
-- Charles Turner took all the first team center reps with Fitzgerald West backing him.
-- I liked what I saw from Kardell Thomas and Xavier Hill. Both looked improved and stronger as they each got the better of a defensive player or two.
-- Tight end is still a major, major concern in my opinion. They have got to get one (at least) out of the portal. Both Kole Taylor and Jack Mashburn had some drops today and neither look to be that athletic type of TE Brian Kelly and Mike Denbrock are used to having.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News