ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Pleasant surprises and not so pleasant

cottonport

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2003
4 games in and we can make a list of players who pleasant surprises and a bit of a disappointment . I’ll go offense first , defense later

Pleasant surprises .offense

Must start with Cole Tracy . No one could have dreamed that he’d be this good
Brossette and Helaire . What was thought to be a weak position has been very good
Dee Anderson . Not even considered in the top 4-5 . He’s now the man
Chasen Hines . Wasn’t even sure if he’d play offense . He’s grading out better than some vets
Cushinberry . Many suggested that he’d be a weak link . He’s been solid and uninjured

Not so pleasant surprises ..offense

Giles leads the list . Thought to be our No.1 . May not be in top 4-5 . Had heard great things all last
year .
Oft injured offensive linemen . Injuries are expected but this blizzard of injuries is too much
Joe Burrow . Strange that I’d list him here but I really believed that he’d make our passing game
much better . I just expected too much
Marshall . Some thought he’d win a starting job as a true Fr. There are at least 5 better receivers
Curry . Thought that he’d be part of a 1-2 punch , even win the job . He’s barely sniffed the field
Moreau . Thought that with Ensminger calling the plays and JB slinging it No.18 would be a
big weapon
Traore . When you’re the No.1 OT in the JUCO nation you expect him to be a solid starter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News