ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC Prayers needed.

LSUDQ

Hall Of Fame
Feb 15, 2008
My stepmother died today. Natural causes with some ongoing issues I would say.

Prayers are needed for her obviously, her family, and most importantly my Dad.

This is the second wife my Dad will have to bury. Both great women and very long and loving marriages.

He was dying right in front of me after my Mom died until he connected with his new wife. She was the mother of a friend and teammate of mine for most of my early years. Her husband died of cancer as did my Mom. Once they got together, my Dad came back to life and has been good for almost 30 years. I am so scared he is going to give up on life, this is where my request for prayers really stems from. He was dying after my Moms death, he didn’t know how to cook or take care of himself. These women were both old school wives who handles all the women things (I know that is date, but it was just that way then) and he probably is just as lost now as he was then.

I am near Memphis and his wife’s family is all pretty close in proximity to him and I know they will help him and do everything he needs them to do. He is just so old school I pray he will let them.

I will be home soon for all the arangements and will do all I can to help him try to figure out where he goes from here.

Now I am babbling, so let me just ask again for prayers.

Hate to add this here, but while you are at it,
My Stepson (other side of the family) who is still dealing with brain cancer, has a MRI scheduled for Tuesday at Duke and we fear that he may need a resection of the tumor, which means that he may need another brain surgery to remove the new tumor.

Thanks guys, just typing this has already helped.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News