ADVERTISEMENT

R.I.P. James "Mac" McLachlan IV: August 12, 1981 - February 20, 2019

spritzer

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2001
It is with deep sadness that I must inform the LSU Sports Nation that this week we lost a young bright star when my brother-in-law and Tiger Fan Extraordinaire James “Mac” McLachlan IV passed away unexpectedly at the tender age of 37 years young.

James “Mac” McLachlan IV, 37, a former resident of Kinder, LA and current resident of Covington, LA departed this life unexpectedly on the 20th of February, 2019. Mac was a deeply loved and cherished father, husband, son, brother, uncle, cousin, nephew, brother-in-law and friend. He was larger than life, making friends everywhere he went. He is survived by his loving wife, Jennifer Buras McLachlan, of 6 years, and their two precious children Wakeley Mae, James Walker, and one soon to be born baby girl, Arden Corinne.

Mac was a graduate of Kinder High School, Class of 2000. He graduated from Louisiana State University with a Bachelor of Science. At 6 years old he said his dream was to run through that tunnel at LSU’s Tiger Stadium and he made that dream come true as an offensive lineman 2000-2003. He was honored to play in the National Championship as part of his beloved LSU Tigers in 2003. He enjoyed a successful career as Vice President of Erwin Insurance. May his memory inspire all who knew him.

I ask that we all take a brief moment out of our busy daily routines to give thanks to God for all our many and wonderful blessings (including family and friends) and to please remember “Mac” and his young family in your thoughts and prayers during these most difficult of times.

For Those Interested:

- Relatives and friends are invited to attend a Funeral Mass at Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church, 312 Lafite St., Mandeville, LA 70448 at 11:00 AM on Saturday, February 23, 2019.

Visitation on Friday, February 22, 2019 from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM at E. J. Fielding Funeral Home 2260 W. 21st Ave., Covington, LA 70433 and on Saturday, February 23, 2019 at Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church, 312 Lafite St., Mandeville, LA 70448 from 9:00 AM until funeral time. Reception for friends and family will be held at the Covington Lions Club 2027 Ronald Reagan Hwy, Covington, LA 70433 following the funeral.

Interment in Pinecrest Memorial Gardens Covington, LA.

In lieu of flowers, the McLachlan family requests donations to be made to the St. Tammany Hospital Foundation 1202 South Tyler St. Covington, LA 70433.

Share a memory on the tribute wall at www.ejfieldingfh.com
Obituary Link: https://www.ejfieldingfh.com/obituaries/James-Mclachlan-Iv/#!/Obituary

R.I.P.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News