ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Real-time updates through Signing Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Detail

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2018
I am starting this thread for up to the minute, real-time updates all the way through signing day. Recruiting is unpredictable because many of these kids really don't know what they want to do. It seems hard to believe, with so much time and endless visits helping them decide, but they are up against seasoned recruiters and have all sorts of outside and inside influences adding enormous amounts of pressure .

This thread will be an attempt to walk you through the ebbs and flows of the final days. This is where things get really interesting. Anyone that followed me at NOLA may recall this type of approach in daily notebooks down the stretch, but that was often for print, so I was somewhat handcuffed in what I could share and it was often read a day late.

Things can change quickly and sorting through all the garbage to find find the meat can be difficult. I will sort through most of the garbage before delivering it here, but there is bound to be some info that is proven to be false shortly after being posted, so bare with me. This is the game we play. I hope this goes how I think it may.

This morning's receiver update: (12/14) 9:50 am

First things first, Koy Moore is on an official to Virginia. The visit was planned, but there was a mixup in communication that has since been resolved. Koy was never in jeopardy of losing or spot, nor did he consider not signing on Wednesday. He is locked in with LSU and will sign on Wednesday morning.

Keep an eye on Rakim Jarrett. I posted on the board yesterday that Maryland is a wildcard here and that may have been a mischaracterization of sorts. Maryland is a real threat to pull a fast one here. According to sources on all three sides of this situation, the Terps have made a late push and Jarrett is thinking long and hard about his options. The talk of bypassing the Early Signing Period altogether is real and would really challenge LSU's resolve.

Right now I am only slightly better than 50-50 that LSU inks Jarrett during the early signing period. If he does elect to withhold his signature, the odds of him signing with LSU may drop below that mark. I will keep you posted, as this kid has a history of rocking back and forth before settling back into position.

Jermaine Burton was expected to visit Georgia this weekend, according to a source, but I have yet to confirm that he actually made the trip. This would make multiple trips to Georgia in recent weeks for Burton, but I am still fairly confident that he will sign next week, but you just never know. Again, I will keep you guys posted.

Now, I am going to carefully discuss this next situation. LSU has a plan if things go haywire with any of their receiver commits. They have made a late surge with one of their top targets and could pull a shocker if things continue to progress. He is a premier guy and the contact was initiated by the prospect himself. LSU is currently exploring the situation to see exactly what their chances may be. In hopes of not tipping their hand or upsetting sources, I have elected to keep the name out of the discussion for now. I hope you understand and trust that I will disclose more info when the time is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News