ADVERTISEMENT

RPI's / NCAA Tourney

James0549

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2007
LSU certainly accomplished a lot with the series win over A&M but still has more winning to do to secure a spot in the NCAA tourney. LSU's RPI of 34 currently ranks 12th of SEC teams. The NCAA took 10 SEC teams last year and I think it reasonable to assume the same number this year. 8 SEC teams (A&M, KY, AR, UGA, UT, USCe, Bama, MSU) have RPI's in the 20's and are likely in, while 2 SEC (AU, MO) teams are out. These leaves LSU in a group with 3 other teams (UF, OM, Vandy) competing for 2 spots.

The problem LSU has is that it lost at home series to both Vandy and UF, but I think winning the last 2 series would be enough. LSU basically controls OM with the match up at the Box, but more difficult will be winning the Bama road series (hoping Holman wants to beat his old team badly). Below is the remaining SEC schedule (bolded series will have impact on LSU's standing). The good (and possibly bad if they do well) news is both UF and Vandy have difficult remaining series.

May 10-12
LSU @ Bama
MSU @ AR
AU @ MO
KY @ UF
UGA @ USCe
A&M @ OM
UT @ Vandy

5/16-5/18
Bama @ AU
AR @ A&M
UF @ UGA
Vandy @ KY
OM @ LSU

MO @ MSU
USCe @ UT

Obviously conjecture and w/o Hoover, but I believe reasonable assessment of where we are. Comments?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News