ADVERTISEMENT

SEC SEC west predictions...revised

cottonport

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2003
a few weeks ago I posted my predicted 2016 SEC West finish. Now that the juniors declaring for the draft is official I'm revising my predictions . Only 25 SEC juniors declared compared to 74 in 2015 and 98 in 2014.
Is there a trend developing ? Seems to be.

No.1 . Alabama. I'm leaving them here . They amazingly lost only 2 juniors off of that loaded squad . How
they can continue to hold on to these underclassmen is hard to figure . One would think that Bateman
will replace Coker. Kiffen can coach QBs . Their defense will be good as usual. They do travel to Baton
Rouge .

No. 2 LSU. I moved these Tigers up from No.4 . White and Beckwith returning has boosted their prospects
Finding 2 new OTs will be tough . For a change LSU should enter games with a QB edge instead of a
disadvantage. David Aranda wasn't the DC when my first predictions came out . There's a definite
positive buzz in Tiger Town . Where's my P&G glasses ?

No. 3 Ole Miss . Dropped from No. 2 . The big 3 declared as expected . I have them behind LSU because
they play in Tiger Staduim in 2016. They will,still be a team loaded with top talent and having the best
QB in the SEC returning for his Sr year keeps them in the discussion for a division championship.

No. 4 Arkansas . The Hogs lost heavily to the draft. 2 RBs , including Collins, their outstanding TE, Hunter
Henry , OT Kirkland . But their biggest loss is the veteran QB, Allen . His brother will replace him.
Young Allen is a junior and has been around . They return their defense completely intact . LSU
travels to Ark. They have a favorable schedule getting Ala, LSU and Ole Miss at home.

No. 5 Auburn . There's a drop off after the top 4 . IMO Malzahn will be coaching for his job in 2016 .
They lost 2 starting OTs and a RB. Much is riding on Franklin , the JC transfer QB . His game
resembles Nick Marshall. Trading Muschamp for Steele is no steal . It's a big drop off .

No. 6 A&M . The Aggies lose an OT . Their defense returns intact and promises to be improved .
This is another coach coaching for his job. That make 3 coaches in the SEC West . Another year without a championship may see Sumlin
getting the pink slip. IMO Trevor Knight will be better than what they saw in 2015. Much rests on
his shoulders .

No. 7 Miss St. The Dogs lost WR Derunyan Wilson , LB Beniquez Brown , and DT Chris Jones . For a
team that can ill afford these losses this is bad news. Life without Dak must go on . This is not a team
without talent . They do travel to BR .

Florida .. LSU's East rival sustained heavy losses . Vernon Hargraves, Lelvin Taylor RB, Mc Allister LB,
Safety , Neal , WR, Demarcus Robinson . The 2015 SEC East champs will find it tougher in 2015
Their QB situation will still be bad .

Missouri . LSU's new opponent lost no one . Their front 7 will be good but that bad 2015 offense will be
bad again . We get them in TS in 2016

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News