ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Some notes from Amite

samspiegelman

1st Team All-America
Staff
Jul 31, 2018
Just spent the afternoon in Amite checking in with Ishmael Sopsher and Devonta Lee, and poking around with some of the coaches and parents at the team’s practice ....

I’ll have deep dives on both kids in the AM, but I wanted to give y’all some tidbits from those conversations

On Sopsher — people close to the 5-star DT asserted That both he and his family want him close to home. He included Oregon in his top 7, but that is very unrealistic. One source suggested it’s pretty clear that LSU is the favorite here, but this is far from a sure thing. Several schools in his top 7 have brought up the idea of finding a spot or PWO for his brother Rodney, a juco DL, but not LSU. Rodney camped for LSU in June, and it’s hard to imagine that The staff wouldn’t make a spot available if it meant landing the big DT.

On Lee: Sources close to Lee also expressed a lot of confidence that LSU has forged the best relationship with the 4-star WR. I got the impression the Tigers are one of a handful of schools on top with Lee, but he hesitated when asked about if he’d be ready to commit in the near future. He’s more concerned with finding an offensive fit and setting up his 4 remaining official visits, and doesn’t seem close to a decision. I will say that he likes multiple members of the LSU staff, how he’d be utilized in the 4-wide offense, but was not faxed by his friend Trey Palmer committing earlier today.

Right now, it would seem as if LSU is the choice for both Amite players but there’s some work needed to be done. More on this in the morning

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News