ADVERTISEMENT

Something to watch with O-Line recruiting

Jimmy Detail

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2018
From Sam in an earlier post:

"At this point, Rivals100 OT Chad Lindberg has completed his official visits. He's made stops at Texas, UGA, LSU, Texas A&M and USC. Clemson, Stanford and Northwestern are other schools he remains in contact with, but have seemingly fallen a step back in the list.
Lindberg says a decision is NOT imminent, as he is "torn" between a few schools at the moment. He has no time frame on when he wants to announce and says he is not going to rush a decision just to announce something. However, he has no self-imposed deadline on this.

Lindberg did say he enjoyed all of his OV and he still intends to make a decision sometime soon."

I asked Sam if he thought it was a Texas, UGA, LSU battle and he included A&M in the mix. Now, I still don't feel like LSU is on top of the list, meaning a commitment is still kinda unlikely, but the decision could affect the recruiting board in other ways.

Ideally, if Lindberg doesn't choose LSU, then Georgia would work best for the Tigers. Georgia is said to only have one spot left on the offensive line, so if Lindberg takes that spot, things could get really interesting with Sedrick Van Pran, who is believed to be leaning in Georgia's direction at the moment.

Now, I still don't think Lindberg leaves Texas, but the Bulldogs have been in his top tier for some time. If they are able to convince him to join the class, it could put LSU in a much stronger position with Van Pran.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News