ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC Update.. Huntercork

huntercork

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2005
Update 5.. I completed my 5th Chemo this past Tuesday. My chemo doc said that I'm making this look easy. I agree that I'm very surprised at how well I feel considering everything and what my cancer peers are going through. I often feel guilty. They are going to perform a CT Scan this Friday to see how much the tumors have shrunk. This will allow them to concentrate the radiation to a smaller area that is not damaging unnecessary tissue. Limits the collateral damage. I have went through some days where speaking and swallowing were difficult, but other days, like today, it's just the opposite. I can't taste many flavors but I have found a few things that still have flavor and I have stuck to those for the most part. I'm very blessed! If you had told me in the beginning that I was going to feel this way at the end of week 5, I would have been really really happy. There are plenty of things that can stress a person through this kind of treatment, but you can't worry on that stuff. My mail box is filled everyday with medical bills. I just do what I can and I tell them I will pay it all as best I can. I don't won't to complain about those bills, I mean after all they are saving my life!! I don't ever forget that. I appreciate what these people are doing for me. I hope none of you have to ever deal with any of this, but if you do, reach out to me and let's talk. I'll be here for any of you. Always think of the positives. I start week 6 Monday and I'm tickled to death about it. Excited to get started with it. You guys and girls have a great weekend!!
Cheers, Huntercork

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News