ADVERTISEMENT

Update

AndrewLSU

1st Team All-America
Jun 21, 2001
Baton Rouge
Gents-

Sorry I've been quiet this week, but things (info) has been as fluid as you can possibly conceive. Here's what I have as of 3pm this afternoon.

-The most pressing question on everyone's mind (rightfully so) is will CamCam be back? In the aftermath of Saturday's whirwind events, he was gone, and Les was accepting of this, if not totally thrilled. Once Alexander informed a very shocked Les that he would, in fact, return as coach, Les was completely on board with a change of his offense. Then, his one-on-one meeting with Alleva on Sunday morning that I mentioned was where Les gave him 2 names for OC. Both are still VERY much in play, but in the days following Sunday, Les has garnered a lot more power over Alleva than even Les anticipated. This has given Les a bit more wiggle room to bring CamCam back, which is his preference. HOWEVER, the same BOS that declined to extend CamCam earlier this year is still in place. And they want a change. Long story short, my guy said the overall sentiment is it is 70/30 that CamCam is gone. And that is DIRECT from the horse's mouth.

2 things to add to this. One, CamCam's wife is very, very happy in BR, as her and Les's wife are extremely close. She does NOT want to move again. Now here's where rubber hits the road. CamCam is completely on board with this. His prostate cancer diagnosis this summer put as a big a scare in him as you can imagine. If this is his last job, the feeling he's told Les is he will hang it up, and slide into an administrative role here, likely taking Kragthorpe's role.

So, if you're wondering why a lame duck OC would still be out recruiting this week, it's because he'll still be here and playing a very visible role around the program. So the kids he is and has been recruiting will still have him around. Also, once his contract is up in March, he, like Kragthorpe, can no longer legally recruit. So he and Les are making the most of this time, assuming he is ultimately done.

Finally , I'll throw a bone regarding the 2 potential OC candidates. The notion that Les cannot attract one due to his tenuous status is absolutely not true. Hence these 2 coaches that are beyond interested. Les can and will have his pick. Coaching LF in his junior year, even IF for only one year, and winning him the Heisman under your tutelage does wonders for a young, bright OC, and these 2 guys know it (hint, hint)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News