ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome the DeathValleyInsider.com team!

Josh Helmholdt

Hall Of Fame
Staff
Sep 23, 2001
As you can see, we have some changes to announce on the site! This is something we have been planning for several months. When Julie went on maternity leave last year, the lack of interaction by the rest of the staff on the message boards and the overall content was not up to our standards for a program and community like LSU. With Julie looking to transition into a different work/life balance, we decided it was time to make a wholesale change on the site.

We have worked with Julie for the last couple years to better utilize her talents - not just on this site, but throughout the Rivals Network. Julie and I have spoken a number of times over the last year, though, and I understand her desire for a different work/life balance with two kids at home. We will miss having her on the LSU beat, but appreciate all her contributions here over the last several years and hope this transition creates a schedule that better fits her situation.

In considering the next era of LSU coverage on Rivals, we talked with a number of individuals and publications in the LSU market. By far, the most inspiring conversation I had was with @JeffersonPowell. I have known Jefferson going back close to a decade. He did work with our Houston site in the past, but has been in Baton Rouge covering and working with the LSU program for the last several years. Jefferson and his team are passionate about delivering the best news and community for the LSU fan base, and are determined to make this site the No. 1 destination for LSU Athletics coverage.

Rivals is all about connecting fans to their favorite college athletes and teams, as well as to others who are as passionate about the team they follow. Delivering timely news, inside information and creating dynamic communities where fans can interact is what we have been about for more than 20 years.

LSU is one of the absolute best fan bases in all of college athletics. It has birthed some of the biggest collegiate stars in the game over the last couple years, from Joe Burrow to Angel Reese to Olivia Dunne. Success stories like those cannot and do not happen at every university, but they speak to the power of this LSU program and fan base.

This fan base deserves a site that matches its passion and will deliver a robust community experience, and that is what we are building with Death Valley Insider. I am excited for the next few months here as we watch this site and community grow!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News