ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING 2021 OLB Naquan Brown enjoys LSU's virtual tour

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
"Actually, I was just doing a virtual tour on Tuesday (with LSU). They keep in touch and text me basically every day," the four-star pass rusher said. "I really liked the tour. It was a nice tour on video. I liked the campus and stadium, it was very big. I can't wait to see it in person, especially since I liked it on video."

Brown, who said he mostly communicates with (head coach) Ed Orgeron and (assistant defensive line coach) Christian LaCouture, has never been to Baton Rouge or Miami. He's visited Tech numerous times, his cousin, DE Jaevon Becton, even plays for the Hokies, and he's been to Penn State just once.

Currently at 6-3, 205 pounds, Brown hopes to get to 225 before getting to college as an outside linebacker, and he's taking a hard look at the Southeastern Conference.

"I just want a place to call home. A place that I know establishes me to make plays," he said, adding, "With LSU, they (just) put 14 people in the draft, that really set it off for me. It makes me lean more towards the SEC.

"I'm already explosive off the ball, but in case I go to the SEC I'm mainly trying to get stronger. SEC has big players in that conference so I'm working on getting stronger."

Brown said when talking to LSU coaches they have compared him to a former outside linebacker turned first-round pick.

"They've said something about K'Lavon (Chaisson), but I see myself more as Marcel Brooks because he plays same position I would play."

https://lsu.rivals.com/news/2021-olb-naquan-brown-enjoys-lsu-s-virtual-tour-looking-hard-at-sec

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News